Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Put it to bed. Forget about it. Focus on the Green Beans and the other six games coming up. We saw flashes of the 2007 offense last night and that's a GREAT thing to look forward to. We will win the division and come playoff time the defense will be ready as well.

If only it were that easy, but there is no guarantee the D will be better come playoff time. We all thought they were playing their best football right now, and then the Colts put up 35 on them...If the Pats don't get their act together IMMEDIATELY, the playoffs look like a disappointment waiting to happen...

All I want is to find a way to sleep. This defeat is almost as painful as the ....

Drugs, alcohol, drug's and alcohol.........What.

Last edited:
We have to remember that the offense looked great because the Colts were missing 3/4's of their secondary. I expected them to score 30+ points with ease. Brady's stupid interception and Maroney's fumble allowed the Colts to get right back into the game.

Honestly, as much as I think the Colts are average, they own the Pats. For some reason, the Colts struggle against any other team they play. But when the play the Pats, no matter how many points the Pats score, they find a way to score more.

I used to be that fan where I'd say, "I can't wait for the rematch because the Pats will kick their a**!" Now I hope the Pats flat out avoid the Colts because they continue to find ways to lose.

Last edited:
when Lucas Oil Stadium falls silent after the Pat's have beaten the Colts in the playoffs this year everyone will have forgotten about this game

> Now I hope the Pats flat out avoid the Colts because they continue to find ways to lose.

*Painful* loss, but to put it in perspective: it's still the regular season. After seeing last night's game, NE can win the rematch.

We have to remember that the offense looked great because the Colts were missing 3/4's of their secondary. I expected them to score 30+ points with ease. Brady's stupid interception and Maroney's fumble allowed the Colts to get right back into the game.

Honestly, as much as I think the Colts are average, they own the Pats. For some reason, the Colts struggle against any other team they play. But when the play the Pats, no matter how many points the Pats score, they find a way to score more.

I used to be that fan where I'd say, "I can't wait for the rematch because the Pats will kick their a**!" Now I hope the Pats flat out avoid the Colts because they continue to find ways to lose.

Colts defense was #1 in points allowed so you really cant justify that the offense looked great because of the Colts defense.

The Colts are not average, they are 9-0 and the best team in the AFC. Pats fans cannot be afraid to play the Colts, we need to beat the best to be the best.

For us fans, yes, put the game behind us and forget about it. For the players/coaches, they better not forget about this game. BB and the coaches should rub this in the teams face every waking minute of the rest of this season. Show them how pathetic they are, how much more work they need to do, how much tougher they have to get, how much smarter they have to be. Belichick and the coaches need to have a good long look at the film and change their "endgame" strategy. No more going soft/passive. It's time this team plays aggressively to end a game. This game needs to serve as motivation.

Put it to bed. Forget about it. Focus on the Green Beans and the other six games coming up. We saw flashes of the 2007 offense last night and that's a GREAT thing to look forward to. We will win the division and come playoff time the defense will be ready as well.

Agreed. I was expecting to see the words "alcohol" and or "suicide", but I think this is the better route.

For us fans, yes, put the game behind us and forget about it. For the players/coaches, they better not forget about this game. BB and the coaches should rub this in the teams face every waking minute of the rest of this season. Show them how pathetic they are, how much more work they need to do, how much tougher they have to get, how much smarter they have to be. Belichick and the coaches need to have a good long look at the film and change their "endgame" strategy. No more going soft/passive. It's time this team plays aggressively to end a game. This game needs to serve as motivation.

How is going for it on 4th and 2 passive?Its the untimate in agression. Are you referring to the prevent/soft D and playcalling?

Maybe I'm still high from all the Xanax I had to take to fall asleep last night, but I took way more good away from that game than bad.

Offense looks awesome, all of the weapons are falling into place. Contrary to what some people are saying the defense did a great job for most of the game. Indy punted 7 times!!!

After the Saints game yesterday, I feel better about that match up. And that poor excuse for a football game (Jets/Jags) made me feel ok about playing both those teams as well.

I don't want to sound like a delusional Jets fan who still thinks they're going to the playoffs or anything, but I really don;t think they'll lose another game, but again, that could be the Xanax talking.

Colts defense was #1 in points allowed so you really cant justify that the offense looked great because of the Colts defense.

The Colts are not average, they are 9-0 and the best team in the AFC. Pats fans cannot be afraid to play the Colts, we need to beat the best to be the best.

thank you for writing that... couldnt have said it better myself...

If only it were that easy ...

I takes effort to let it go, but ruminating on what went wrong in this loss is self-torture. So is worrying about the defense. I want to look forward to and enjoy what's to come (Pats in the playoffs).

I agree; regardless of the box score, the Pats just proved that they are among the best teams in the league and I doubt that all the boneheads who like to cry "Cheatriots!" truly believe Indy is the better team. This is not to say the Pats are the better team, either, but they are clearly a force to be reckoned with.

I'm frustrated because

1. if we'd won we would have had an extremely good chance at the top AFC seed and homefield advantage throughout the playoffs,
2. we absolutely MANHANDLED them for fifty minutes,
3. it's annoying to see other teams' fans get to spew garbage about the Patriots time and again, even though they know the Pats are better than them,
4. the players played their hearts out and the coaches did much to ruin it for them, and
5. the officiating crew—and I really am loath to make statements like this—won the game for Indianapolis. Again. The pass interference that jumped the Colts 20 or 30 yards to 10-yard line or so and the 4th and 2 call were both clear-cut BS.

It is seriously disheartening to see your home team finally start to come together and kick ass, only to be swindled by the officials.

Last edited:
There are 2 ways to deal with the loss:

1- Please stop worshiping BB and TB as if they were God.
2- Please drop "In BB we trust" BS.

Hey how can you miss this positive!

Stanback>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Galloway

Last edited:
Look, I'm the biggest sports fanatic going, I love sports, fall asleep and wake up to Sportscenter (now the NHL Network), have been a sports fanatic for practically all of my 47 years. But, we need to put this in perspective. This is JUST sports, I have a friend who just lost a loved one, people are getting killed everday overseas, I just went through a messy breakup, these are real life problems, so I think we need to put things in perspective. Is it a huge disappointment ? Yes, did we lose sleep over it ? Yes, do we HATE losing to Indy ?, Yes. But tomorrow is another day, we have 7 more games left, a big one coming up against the Jets, etc, let's try to get excited about what is left. All the negativity won't change the outcome of the game. It's over.

Last edited by a moderator:
You want to know how to deal with this. Don't get so emotionally attached to every game, or the team. Thats what i did after the SB loss to the Giants. When i was younger i use to get totally wrapped up in the Pats and if they lost i'd be depressed for a couple of days, being a fan since 1974 there was a lot of depression involved. :D

You can't make this so important in your life that if they lose its devastating. Try to maintain an even strain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye