PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

There's No Way Smoltz Makes This Team

Perhaps Smoltz to the pen... he has been ok for a couple of innings at a time deos not appear to be able to handle > 4 innings at this point.
Put him in retirement I'd say.

I've seen enough of him to know he is finished as a starting pitcher at MLB level.

Put him in the pen and leave him there. FFS

This guy called it, Smoltz is horrible and can barely last 5 innings.

Here we go. Pitching to the region we ALL KNOW gets crushed in new Yankee Stadium.

**** Smoltz off out of a Red Sox uniform NOW.

Here we go. Pitching to the region we ALL KNOW gets crushed in new Yankee Stadium.

**** Smoltz off out of a Red Sox uniform NOW.

I was beginning to think this thread was premature ...

Sadly ... it is as strong as ever.

Just as bad as Penny ... Where's Tazawa?

I was beginning to think this thread was premature ...

Sadly ... it is as strong as ever.

Just as bad as Penny ... Where's Tazawa?
Penny is just as likely to be hot as he is to be cold on any given day. Past Lester and Beckett our starting rotation with Dice-K and Wakefield on DL is hurting us.

Put Smoltz in the pen and let him pitch relief. He can go 1 strong inning.

Time to bring up a youngster, better odds then Smoltz.

Smoltz has been designated for assignment. Tazawa is now in the bigs.

Smoltz has been designated for assignment. Tazawa is now in the bigs.

I think Tazawa is up for like 2 days, as Buchholdz implosion insurance, and then Bowden is up next week to start.

Tazawa was supposed to pitch tommorow anyways, and I think Bowden pitched yesterday.

Edit: Traber also DFA'd.

Last edited:
Smoltz was apparently upset by the move and left the team without cleaning out his locker.

Smoltz was apparently upset by the move and left the team without cleaning out his locker.

As they say in the south: Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!

I think Tazawa is up for like 2 days, as Buchholdz implosion insurance, and then Bowden is up next week to start.

Tazawa was supposed to pitch tommorow anyways, and I think Bowden pitched yesterday.

I think Tazawa has the best shot to take Smoltz' spot.

Exactly my thinking...I doubt they throw him to the lions yet without him being used for a spot start at most. Bowden fits better as a direct replacement.

Bowden pitched on Wednesday night, and is scheduled to Tuesday for them...which happens to be the night Smoltz was supposed to pitch next.

I think Tazawa has the best shot to take Smoltz' spot.

He won't. Tazawa is up because he was supposed to pitch tonight for the Paw Sox and the bullpen is overstretched. He's insurance for them at most, he will be back down Monday or Tuesday.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

I should have added that going with either of the two guys would make sense.

He won't. Tazawa is up because he was supposed to pitch tonight for the Paw Sox and the bullpen is overstretched. He's insurance for them at most, he will be back down Monday or Tuesday.

Tazawa starting Tuesday.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back