Welcome to PatsFans.com

There's No End to Evil, Is There?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

The Sacramento Police Department is investigating as a possible hate crime graffiti painted on a mural of Sacramento Kings players in the midtown area.

Police Department spokesman Officer Konrad von Schoech said a report was received about noon Wednesday that a swastika had been painted on a plywood mural at 16th and R streets. The backward swastika was painted on the forehead of Kings player Omri Casspi, who is from Israel.

Read more: Swastika painted on Kings mural in Sacramento - Sacramento News - Local and Breaking Sacramento News | Sacramento Bee

2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +536 / 6 / -2

I've never understood why people do crap like this in this country. Hopefully there's a camera somewhere, that shows the face of the loser who did it.

3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

When you think about the lunacy it takes to see people of other races/religions as being inferior, it's hard to believe there are so many of them.

And even if we did "understand"...would it do any good? People who live their lives choosing to be unhappy & angry will always find something or someone to hate and blame.

I guess as private citizens, the only thing we can do is let them know it's unacceptable.

4. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +253 / 3 / -4

and if they do, put the guy in a room w/the hockey player, let him voice his "issues" directly to his face...

5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Imagine the mess that would be left of this coward if Casspi had him for an hour in a locked room with no repercussions.

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

Don't Be Surprised If You Start To See This Evil Spread:

Whenever I mention it on here I get slapped around for it but America's Liberal Establishment is starting to direct it's hate and venom towards Israel, the Liberals have fallen in love with Palestine and everything else "Islamic"

If this incedent with the Swastika had happened a few years ago it would have wiped the Quran Burning right out of the news, the Swastika would have been front page news for months, but those days are gone I'm afraid America's "Liberal Obama Media" has a New Love, ISLAM.

Poor little Israel, they're all alone over there, God Help Them.

7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Really? You think so, Harry? How many of these 1,000+ crimes were front page news 2 or 3 or 4 years ago?

Once again, I am struck anew by how much you have to say and how little you actually know.

In 2008, 105 hate crime incidents against Muslims were reported nationwide. There were 10 times as many incidents that were recorded as anti-Jewish during the same year, the most recent for which figures are available.

Read more: Inconvenient Truth: 10 Times More Hate Crimes Against Jews Than Muslims | NewsBusters.org

From 2006
    Who hates whom in America?

If the latest FBI hate-crime statistics are any indication, of the 1,314 verified offenses motivated by religious bias, 68.5 percent were anti-Jewish

American Jews top hate-crime targets

The reason Jewish-based hate crimes are not front page news is not because they aren't happening, it's not because those stinkin Muslims moved in, it's because it's old news, it's expected news and it's accepted news. Anyone who isn't a Jew is happy to remain unaware and uninvolved. The Jews only get trotted out when people like yourself think they have a point to make and a crocodile tear to cry.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  8. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Maybe it's not noticed news, under-reported or just plain ignored news? If I think about it I'm not surprised to see that there was 10 times more hate crimes against Jews than Muslims but going by the rhetoric here, Washington and in the media I would think it must be the other way around. I also think there is some kind of weird notion that one has to pick a side and support it over the other. Right now it does seem like Jews are taking the back seat, no?

9. khayos

khayos In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Muslims are such a low % of the overall hate crimes but I guess no one wants to discuss the continual wrongs against Jews anymore...

10. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +253 / 3 / -4

Don't Be Surprised If You Start To See This Evil Spread:

Whenever I mention it on here I get slapped around for it but America's Conservative Establishment is starting to direct its hate and venom towards Israel, the Conservatives have fallen in love with Palestine and everything else "Islamic"

If this incident with the Swastika had happened a few years ago it would have wiped the Quran Burning right out of the news, the Swastika would have been front page news for months, but those days are gone I'm afraid America's "Conservative Beck and Rush Media" has a New Love, ISLAM.

Poor little Israel, they're all alone over there, God Help Them.

11. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

:wha:

I think you have liberals and conservatives confused.

12. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Well, those statistics are from 2006 - 2008 so the tables may have turned, I don't know.

Regardless, hate crimes are hate crimes - and the same people who lament the crimes against Jews are the same people who want the proposed Mosque moved and who rail loudly about the "stinking, smelling savages," every chance they get - and then they accuse the same liberals who've always stuck up for the Jews of having " a love affair with Islam," a "hated of Israel," and a desire to have Sharia laws replace US laws whenever they mention racial/religious tolerance, free speech laws and/or freedom to worship without harrassment.

There's a reason that the Jewish Community Relations Council of New York and the American Jewish Committee fully support the proposed Cultural Center near Ground Zero - and that reason would be that they, more than anyone else, know what it's like to be persecuted for one's religious beliefs and, they more than anyone else, don't want to see it happen to anyone else because they recognize that once you allow fear and ignorance to displace tolerence and acceptance for one particular religion or ethnicity you set the stage for all ethnicities and religions to be discriminated against.

Read more: Jewish Leaders Enter Fray Over Islamic Center Near Ground Zero ? Forward.com

13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

Save Palestine
    Bring A Palastine Home For Dinner

Hire Palestine
    Affirmative Action For Palestinians

PRAISE GOD
    GOD DAMN AMERICA
    IT'S BUSH'S FAULT

14. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +564 / 8 / -8

So Harry, you're saying you are against violence against semites because they are semites, I take it? You are against acts against religious groups because of their religion, I take it?

You take it to be every American's duty to stand up against bigotry against Jews and Arabs for their ethnicities, and against bigotry against the Jewish or Muslim religions?

Why do you so embody those attitudes toward Muslims and Arabs so often?

How can you be my ally, when you so blithely disregard the principals that keeps me free, freedom of religion and equal protection under the law?

Oh I know, you prefer more hawkish policies on the part of one party in Israeli politics (and against other parties in Israeli politics,) from your perch in... Maine?

You're no friend to Jews, Harry, you're a transparent opportunist. It's childish and ugly.

Just want you to know we're not that dumb... which you'd know if you actually understood Jewish voting patterns in the U.S.

PFnV

15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

It's the biggest lie in American politics. Alleged christians and their politicians have a classic love-hate relationship with jews. Because of their religious and idiotic (yes, I know, that's redundant) prejudices, christians believe that they are somehow connected to Jews.

So-called conservative christians from Alabama pretend that they care about jews because their version of mythology tells them that god loves the jews above all else. Their new testament tells them that in order to fulfill the profesies of Jesus, they must protect Israel in order to enable the "rapture of christ" because the dreams and insane hallucinations of a guiy named Paul tell them this. Muslims are just biblical waste products because they don't figure in the "rapture of Christ", which explains why they are treated as irrelevant sub-humans in our ignorant, religiously-drunken culture.

People who identify themselves as jews beware! You are being used by American conservatives, zionists, and other self-centered morons with tons of money! Due to the efforts of the three of them, you will be used for political and monetary gain. I'm not saying anything new that bright people like PFinV don't already know.

16. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +564 / 8 / -8

Uh, I'm a Zionist, Wistah. :ugh:

Pretty decent rant otherwise.

17. khayos

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Funny that the Imam in charge of the project threatened the US by saying their would be violence if the mosque wasn't built...

18. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +559 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Is this what you mean by "threatened violence?"

The imam, who repeatedly said his mission was to promote peace and
    build a bridge among faiths, said he was also speaking about “radicals”
    on both sides of the debate on the Islamic center. “Our national
    security now hinges on how we negotiate this, how we speak about it.”

“The battlefront is between moderates of all sides… and the radicals on all sides,” he said.

Moving the project to another location would strengthen Islamist
    radicals’ ability to recruit followers and will likely increase violence
    against Americans, the imam said.

Rauf said that “nothing is off the table” when asked whether he would consider moving the site.

“We are consulting, talking to various people about how to do this so that we negotiate the best and safest option.”

The imam told O’Brien “had I known [the controversy] would happen we
    certainly would never have done this.” Asked if he meant he would not
    have picked the location, Rauf said, “we would not have done something
    that would create more divisiveness.”

Breaking: Ground Zero Imam Threatens America With Attack If Mosque Not Built - With Video - Page 20

I read nothing in the above conversation which "threatened violence," only an acknowledgement that there is a potential for violence if extemists on both sides continue to dominate the issue and the moderates continue to let them.

As to whether there WILL be violence if the mosque is moved due to pressure from extremist conservative groups of Americans or if the continued harrassment against Muslims continue - the Imam is not the only one who feels this way.

Not FoxNews or SodaHead or JihaadWatch, of course, but people like General Petraeus, Richard N. Haas, President, Council on Foreign Relations,
    former Bush official Michael Gerson, former Bush deputy secretary of state Richard Armitage and Gen. Raymond Odierno, former commander of US forces in Iraq.

If Rauf "threaten[ed] America," then so did Gen. Petraeus | Media Matters for America

Not that they'd know more than Sodahead, of course.

As for "violence will come," isn't violence already here? And hasn't it been Americans who are cutting Muslim cab driver's throats, burning down a partially constructed mosque in Tennessee and grabbing and threatening a "Muslim-looking" construction worker in NY during a rally to prevent the Cordoba House from being built?

Warning of the possibility of violence does not cause violence - violence itself begets violence.

Which is pretty much what the Imam was saying.

Of course, referring to a "warning" as a "threat" probably helps alot, too.

Good job, FoxNews, SodaHead, GatewayPundit and AtlasShrugged. Once again, you've outdone yourself.

19. khayos

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

What I know is that the phony Blame America Liberals in America are turning on Israel, you ask me why I embody "attitudes" towards Muslims & Arabs, I never had those attitudes until I realized the Attitudes they had towards me, I don't want to kill them but they would love to kill me and my whole family, read this slowly "f-ck them".

You call me a "transparent opportunist" surely you must realize that you and your wife are two of the most Arrogant Nasty Know It All Liberals on the internet.