PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

There was an alleged rape at Meriweather's house in July

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by shmessy
All throughout the spring, I was campaigning for them to trade their "2-time Pro-Bowler" for a 2nd rounder. The Pats could have gotten that.

Instead, zilch.

If they COULD have gotten a 2nd, they would have, as has been repeated throughout the thread, the lockout played a part, we got what we could for him ZILCH!

Last edited:
That's one turd I'm glad they flushed.

Back before the 2007 draft, I had a ton of arguments on the draft board about Meriweather. My main contention is that the Patriots target prototype guys for the position in round 1 -- prototype measurables, and clean character histories. Meriweather had neither, so clearly they wouldn't draft him. Yeah, I can make predictions with the best of 'em. :)

In the arguments, the size/athleticism concerns quickly took a back seat to the character questions. He had some vigorous defenders, because neither of the "incidents" was clear cut. Yes, he stomped on another player...in the middle of a huge brawl when many lost their heads (metaphorically, mostly). Yes, he was investigated in relation to a shooting, but it was a legal weapon and self-defense, how can you hold that against him?

Four years later, a pattern seems to have developed. Meriweather has a steady record of "no charges were filed" situations. Justified shooting, somebody else actually fired the gun, was in the next room when the attack happened...he never gets in any actual trouble, but would you want him at your next party?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back