Welcome to PatsFans.com

There really is a Santa - Obama

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Triumph, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Triumph

Triumph Rookie

Ratings:
    +90 / 22 / -12

#32 Jersey

2. Triumph

Triumph Rookie

Ratings:
    +90 / 22 / -12

#32 Jersey

3. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

The dollar amount is small but the timing is horrendous. Biden does deserve more for all he does for Obama.
  5. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

This will probably get both sides yelling and screaming at me, but if the ticket this year would have been Obama, Romney or Biden I would have voted for Biden.
  6. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 1 / -9

Now you got me thinking....Ah never mind

:enranged::scream:
  7. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

You know PR ... I say give them PEANUTS .... :p:p:p
  8. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 1 / -9

Had to think for a while...saw "PEANUTS" in caps and bold, so I kniew you had some deeper meaning.

Then light dawned on marblehead and it came to me clear as day....

you're a wise arse IP!!

oops...almost forgot this ;)
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  9. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

I knew this would get some to laugh at me, but given the choices....
  10. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 1 / -9

I was actually serious....my problem with Biden is that all I really know about him is his propensity to say strange things. That and he appears to have false (upper) teeth.
  11. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

I will take that any day over Romney or Obama ;)
  12. Triumph

Triumph Rookie

Ratings:
    +90 / 22 / -12

#32 Jersey

Ill bet a lot of working folks out there would like a $ 900 raise, but would be laughed at if they asked for one and would be told to be happy you have a job.

What a JOKE.
  13. Triumph

Triumph Rookie

Ratings:
    +90 / 22 / -12

#32 Jersey

14. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +284 / 5 / -8

It's an interesting way to spin a 1/2% pay raise across government -- to quote the salaries of the most significant government executives in the country. It's a flat percentage increase, for most a very small amount, after three years of no cost of living increase.

The cost of living itself, however, is increasing. Parallel federal disbursements -- social security, for example -- have of course risen to match inflation.

The top executives cited here are easily the equivalent in importance, complexity of work, etc., to a corporate exec, who are routinely awarded total compensation in the tens of millions of dollars. Throughout the ranks, feds are typically undercompensated at the top, and well-compensated at the "bottom," with the proviso that there are no burger-flipping jobs in the civilian government. Previous forays against our federal workforce has reduced the federal workforce to pretty much only inherently governmental positions.

By the way, this fetish for smaller government costs more than a larger government; running it all by contract means a lot of overhead you don't get by directly employing someone, even compared with an employee with decent (but far from gold-plated) benefits. But cutting federal positions is box office gold.

PFnV
  15. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

Is there no value in their health care?
  16. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

It is the Drudgian or World Net Daily approach, unfortunately many do not corraborate the "facts" and just trust blogs..

If it sounds too good to be true it usually is...
  17. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +284 / 5 / -8

Hamar, you pay for your healthcare in government just like elsewhere. (I'm not speaking necessary for congresscritters, because they may have their own rules. I'm speaking for rank-and-file. It's not like we're reducing the size of Congress by 50% over X years or anything.)

With "employer-provided" health-care, you and your employer both contribute. For me, I pay $400 a month. (I work for The People.)

So yeah, you have access to a workplace health plan if you work for the government. So does anybody working for a company of any size (it's a juicy tax break for the employer, and you better believe it's a competitive advantage to offer a health plan.) In fact, pretty soon people locked out of those settings will have access to affordable care.

So yeah it has some value, to have access to insurance. But it's not unique to government.

PFnV
  18. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Of course you understand what a failure NCLB has been, and now it has caused the LEA's to spend way more money than it budgeted.. lots of regulations for common sense ideas.

Obama has allowed many states to opt out of this legislation..

The original bill was passed in a bi-partisan measure, however when it was regulated the rules became overwhelming for most states and localities.. thanks George and his minions for creating all these unwieldly, costly regulations..

You will not hear this on Breitbart..
  19. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

What's really sad, is that Biden is by far the least intelligent person in that trifecta, yet even if he were president, it not like he could make things worse. Biden is very likable, and a complete and utter moron. He gets a pass like no other in politics imo.

Why do people spin the indefensible? Meanwhile back in the Real World, the average american households income is down nearly $5k over the last 4 years. But hey, lets give those losers in congress a raise while we're at it. :rolleyes:

Ignorance is bliss. Yeah, health insurance is "a juicy tax break" for my company. It's the same juicy tax break that fuel for my trucks is. I guess i should buy more fuel too. :rolleyes: Health insurance is an expense is what it is. A large one at that. We spent $50k in health insurance last year for our employees. That's money that comes out of my operating account just like all my other expenses do. Of course once Obamcare kicks in, I'm sure most businesses will weight the costs and benefits of eliminating healthcare insurance, and instead opting to pay the fine. Should be fun for the costs of the program when that starts to happen.
  20. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

Fair enough. I was thinking mostly of congress types, the guys that hardly work and end of with incredible benefits for life.