PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

There is no way Terrence Nunn makes this roster!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: There is no way Terrance Nunn makes this roster!

But the only one pinned on me in open 'court' :p
Kangeroos have never needed open courts to get their points across.

Kangeroos have never needed open courts to get their points across.

True, but they like to keep up the appearances.

True, but they like to keep up the appearances.
I thought that was a BBC television program?

I thought that was a BBC television program?

I think that our 'elites' have been quite accurately played by BBC television programs for decades:

America's elites

Slater is hardly a lock. He's shown me nothing so far. At least Nunn is showing some receiver skills. Slater is a player without a position outside of special teams.

Last edited:

I think that our 'elites' have been quite accurately played by BBC television programs for decades:

America's elites
I did notice the representatives of one political party viewing the event.

Slater is hardly a lock. He's shown me nothing so far. At least Nunn is showing some receiver skills. Slater is a player without a position outside of special teams.
Hardly a new twist to the NE roster.

yeah seriously maybe we should cut that Ghostkowski dude too.:rolleyes:

now I am not saying Slater is a lock but there will be a few guys on this team who play only STs...If Slater is not here he likely will be replaced by someone who only plays STs. If I go off Slater's performance last year than he will be back but they did bring in a couple of STers so who knows.

IMO, Slater, Nunn, Edelman--pick one.

So was Willie Andrews, yet he stuck with the Pats for 3 years before his stupidity last off-season.

Larry Izzo was the same way. So was Kelley Washington.

Slater is part of 5 of 6 special teams units. I don't believe he goes out for our Field Goal kicking unit, but does when the opposition is kicking field goals.
He's also on the kick and punt coverage units and the kick and punt return units.

It Is What It Is Updates from Day 12 of Training Camp

•Another guy who continues to impress is wide receiver Terrence Nunn. He went up and hauled down a pass from quarterback Brian Hoyer, splitting the defenders (Chung and Darius Butler). Later in practice, he had another impressive catch in traffic. He could be playing his way on to this team.

Chris Price, j'accuse! You don't want this thread to die, do you?

Feeling like a total hypocrite after calling horse face (T. Nunn) camp fodder when he was first signed but am now really pulling for the guy to make the team.

I follow Nebraska religiously, even more so than the Pats (i.e. I check the Nebraska sites before the Pats ones and spend more time there). Nunn was a four year starter for the Huskers and a solid player but he never "wowed" you and made more than his share of mistakes. He dropped his share of crucial third down catches. He was unable to stretch the field - I never recall him taking one to the house and he always looked like he was completely gassed after running a 7 yard out and making the catch. By far his worst moment came in a game against Texas in 2006.

The Huskers hadn't beat anyone of note in years and here comes a pretty good, fairly highly ranked Texas team and the Huskers are finally about to get a W that puts them in the national spotlight and gets people talking again. It was like 3rd and 2 (with 23 seconds left!!!!) and Nunn caught the pass from Zac Taylor to seal the win and then proceeded to fumble the ball!

Add this game to the list of games "we should have won" during the Bill Callahan era up there with the Texas Tech debacle of 05 when our other Patriot Le Kevin Smith fumbled an interception on 4th down of all things to give the Red Raiders 4 more shots at the end zone with less than a minute left.

Sigh... I guess it's time to move on. Nunn could be a solid #4 guy. I'd take him over Slater at this point, but I love having Huskers on the Pats so I'm hardly objective.

Re: Terrance Nunn - any chance he makes this roster?

It seems to happen every practice. If I had to pick six right now I'd pick Moss, Welker, Galloway, Nunn, Edelman, Aiken. Not that I want to lose Lewis or Slater but the six I picked seem like the best group of "now" combined with "upside" and also ST play.

I think Lewis is a lock,Belichick has said out in public that Lewis was a killer against his team when Lewis was an Eagle,just like Welker was and he has been itching to sign Lewis for several years in a row,Now that he has him its VERY unlikely he gets cut.

Aiken should be the odd man out of this group and Edelman will go to PS being used in a wildcat scenerio if BB wants to try using it.

#5 receiver should be a duel between Slater and Nunn - I expect a dogfight

Last edited:
Re: Terrance Nunn - any chance he makes this roster?

OK. let's get this right. The #5 wide receiver position that produces about 6 catches a year (the actual number is less) is serious fight between Slater and Nunn. And to get their roster spot, one of them will beat out special teams captain Aiken and replace him on special teams. NOT!

I think Lewis is a lock,Belichick has said out in public that Lewis was a killer against his team when Lewis was an Eagle,just like Welker was and he has been itching to sign Lewis for several years in a row,Now that he has him its VERY unlikely he gets cut.

Aiken should be the odd man out of this group and Edelman will go to PS being used in a wildcat scenerio if BB wants to try using it.

#5 receiver should be a duel between Slater and Nunn - I expect a dogfight

Feeling like a total hypocrite after calling horse face (T. Nunn) camp fodder when he was first signed but am now really pulling for the guy to make the team.

I follow Nebraska religiously, even more so than the Pats (i.e. I check the Nebraska sites before the Pats ones and spend more time there). Nunn was a four year starter for the Huskers and a solid player but he never "wowed" you and made more than his share of mistakes. He dropped his share of crucial third down catches. He was unable to stretch the field - I never recall him taking one to the house and he always looked like he was completely gassed after running a 7 yard out and making the catch. By far his worst moment came in a game against Texas in 2006.

The Huskers hadn't beat anyone of note in years and here comes a pretty good, fairly highly ranked Texas team and the Huskers are finally about to get a W that puts them in the national spotlight and gets people talking again. It was like 3rd and 2 (with 23 seconds left!!!!) and Nunn caught the pass from Zac Taylor to seal the win and then proceeded to fumble the ball!

Add this game to the list of games "we should have won" during the Bill Callahan era up there with the Texas Tech debacle of 05 when our other Patriot Le Kevin Smith fumbled an interception on 4th down of all things to give the Red Raiders 4 more shots at the end zone with less than a minute left.

Sigh... I guess it's time to move on. Nunn could be a solid #4 guy. I'd take him over Slater at this point, but I love having Huskers on the Pats so I'm hardly objective.

Ouch. After reading those stories, I can understand your doubts over Nunn's future here. Let's see how well he maintains possession of his catches beginning on Thursday, when Samuel, Hobbs, Sheldon Brown & the rest of the Eagles DBs come at him with bad intentions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back