PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

There is no way Terrence Nunn makes this roster!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: There is no way Terrance Nunn makes this roster!

SBB, instead of getting your panties in a wad, why don't you actually READ what was posted instead of what you think was posted.

I said I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats traded Lewis for a 5th. Why? Because that is what I would expect the 49ers to want. They aren't going to want Galloway. And they aren't going to give up a 5th for Nunn or Edelman. The Patriots aren't going to trade Welker or Moss. So that would leave Lewis or Aiken (who was just named as a pre-season captain).

I have nothing against Lewis and what he's done at TC doesn't mean jack when it comes to making a trade. What matters is what they've done on the field previously. And Lewis is someone whom the 49ers would be more likely to trade for.

BTW, nice making yourself look like an ass.

Almost all of that is irrelevant to SBB's post.

He said that he thinks the Pats wouldn't agree to the deal. Your explanation of why the other team in the trade WOULD perhaps do it doesn't address his point.

About the only thing you said that was relevant to his post is your assertion that performance in training camp "doesn't mean jack" with respect to whether the Pats want to keep a player, and that seems to me like a rather odd stance to take.

Last edited:
Re: There is no way this Carolina cheerleader makes this roster!

I know nothing about Nunn. Is he tall? Short? Fast? Slow? tight?
5-11 or 6'0", 190, iron man reputation- no missed starts in 3 years as afull-time starter, also was a starter much of his true freshman year.

He only ran a 4.59 (average) at the combine. Some say he was injured and this hurt his numbers. A look back at his recruiting to Nebraska claimed he clocked at 4.4 then, and in high school he was a track guy who ran a 10.6 100-meter dash.

draft profile: Terrence Nunn | Nebraska, WR : 2008 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

another, with Nebraska accomplishments: Scout.com: Terrence Nunn Profile

rivals college recruting profile suggesting 4.4 speed when healthy: Terrence Nunn - Football Recruiting

Almost all of that is irrelevant to SBB's post.

Its all relevant. Especially if you read the series of posts.

He said that he thinks the Pats wouldn't agree to the deal. Your explanation of why the other team in the trade WOULD perhaps do it doesn't address his point.

That isn't what he said. All he did was attack the idea from HIS point of view. Not the teams.

About the only thing you said that was relevant to his post is your assertion that performance in training camp "doesn't mean jack" with respect to whether the Pats want to keep a player, and that seems to me like a rather odd stance to take.

I wasn't just looking at it from the 49ers perspective. I was also looking at it from the Pats. See, BB respects the players he has. And, if he felt that Lewis wasn't going to get enough playing time with the Pats, then I could easily see Belichick trading him to someone like San Fran, to get the kid more time.

What you and SBB both missed is that all I was doing was throwing out a possibility. A possibility that has a lot of ifs for contingency. IF Michael Crabtree doesn't sign is the big one. But, because Lewis is SBB's binkie now, he threw his little fit and over-reacted.

Re: There is no way this Carolina cheerleader makes this roster!

5-11 or 6'0", 190, iron man reputation- no missed starts in 3 years as afull-time starter, also was a starter much of his true freshman year.

He only ran a 4.59 (average) at the combine. Some say he was injured and this hurt his numbers. A look back at his recruiting to Nebraska claimed he clocked at 4.4 then, and in high school he was a track guy who ran a 10.6 100-meter dash.

draft profile: Terrence Nunn*|*Nebraska,*WR*:*2008 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

another, with Nebraska accomplishments: Scout.com: Terrence Nunn Profile

rivals college recruting profile suggesting 4.4 speed when healthy: Terrence Nunn - Football Recruiting

Just a point. Nunn wasn't a combine invite. That is why its blank next to the combine invite line. The 4.59 that NFLDraft Scout had listed was their projection of Nunn.

Also, Nunn is only 5'10 and 6/8" tall. That is also listed on the NFLDraftscout site.

I really like what I saw out of Nunn in camp, he has looked pretty awesome. When I saw Galloway in camp he definitly looked better than Lewis.

Would I keep Nunn over Lewis?

no idea

I certainly think Nunn has a chance, he's been looking like he could contribute a lot to the team

That isn't what he said. All he did was attack the idea from HIS point of view. Not the teams.

Actually I attacked it from two points of view one was mine which is I am impressed with what I have seen....But the other is logic the pats signed the guy to help out the WR position and I just don't see where it is logical to trade him a week into camp for a 5 just so we can hang onto our 4.

and I don't think I attacked. you seemed to think I had my panties in a bunch and said I was making an ass of myself so than I came back a little more aggressive but I dont think my initial post was that bad. Yes I was trying to call you out for what I thought didn't make much sense but I always thought opinions were ok on a message board. sorry if you didn't like what I had to say.

Last edited:

Hi, I'm Florance Nunn, Terrance's mommy. I don't appreciate the tone of your subject to this post.

I have to go, Bostonian1962 is coming back to his desk.......................

Actually I attacked it from two points of view one was mine which is I am impressed with what I have seen....But the other is logic the pats signed the guy to help out the WR position and I just don't see where it is logical to trade him a week into camp for a 5 just so we can hang onto our 4.

If you attacked it from the point of view that "the pats signed the guy to help out the WR position" that that explains everything. Greg Lewis wasn't signed. He was traded for. In fact, it was a 5th round pick that the Pats gave up to get him. No wonder you don't make sense.

and I don't think I attacked. you seemed to think I had my panties in a bunch and said I was making an ass of myself so than I came back a little more aggressive but I dont think my initial post was that bad. Yes I was trying to call you out for what I thought didn't make much sense but I always thought opinions were ok on a message board. sorry if you didn't like what I had to say.

You did attack in your initial post. And, considering that you don't even know how Lewis was acquired, its no wonder you got all fired up.

Opinions are ok on a message board. Never faulted you for your opinion. I faulted you for what was clearly a knee jerk and dumb ass reaction on your part.

From what I've read from Reiss and other places, he has made some nice catches and is having a good camp. It will be interesting to see how the wide receiver lineup shakes out. He may be a good PS candidate, but as another poster noted, it's going to be harder to move some players onto the PS with all of the former Patriot coaches out there and Pioli in KC, than it has been in the past.

If he edges anyone it will be Slater, but Slater is good for ST's, despite the big drop last year.

From what I've read from Reiss and other places, he has made some nice catches and is having a good camp. It will be interesting to see how the wide receiver lineup shakes out. He may be a good PS candidate, but as another poster noted, it's going to be harder to move some players onto the PS with all of the former Patriot coaches out there and Pioli in KC, than it has been in the past.

I don't think that WR will be an area that the former Pats coaches will be looking at. Here's why:

Denver:
Marshall, Royal, Gaffney, Lloyd, Stokeley, Chad Jackson, CJ Jones,

Cleveland:
Edwards, Furrey, Patten, Cribbs, Massaquoi, Robiskie.

KC:
Bowe, Toomer, Darling, Bradley, Copper, Engram

If teams are looking to add at WR, its unlikely they'll add an untested Pats castoff.

If you attacked it from the point of view that "the pats signed the guy to help out the WR position" that that explains everything. Greg Lewis wasn't signed. He was traded for. In fact, it was a 5th round pick that the Pats gave up to get him. No wonder you don't make sense.

that it slipped my mind how he was aquired helps your case how?

actually the fact we traded for him would hurt your case. How many players have you seen traded twice in an year?

that it slipped my mind how he was aquired helps your case how?

actually the fact we traded for him would hurt your case. How many players have you seen traded twice in an year?

It helps my case because you don't even understand how the person was acquired.

As to how many times a player has been traded in one year, until recently, players were hardly ever traded at all in the NFL. So there is no support one way or the other.

Howver, what there are is players who have been signed and cut, only to be signed by other teams. And the consequences of that are actually bigger because of the signing bonus ramifications.

It helps my case because you don't even understand how the person was acquired.

As to how many times a player has been traded in one year, until recently, players were hardly ever traded at all in the NFL. So there is no support one way or the other.

Howver, what there are is players who have been signed and cut, only to be signed by other teams. And the consequences of that are actually bigger because of the signing bonus ramifications.

ok you win lets trade him then.

i think he should over slater. slater shouldnt be in the nfl

ok you win lets trade him then.

You clearly don't understand what the phrase "I wouldn't be surprise if the Patriots traded Lewis" means. It doesn't mean that they SHOULD trade him. It means that trading him could be a possibility. When you understand the difference, come talk to me.

You clearly don't understand what the phrase "I wouldn't be surprise if the Patriots traded Lewis" means. It doesn't mean that they SHOULD trade him. It means that trading him could be a possibility. When you understand the difference, come talk to me.

you clearly are not getting that I would be suprised to see them trade someone they acquired with in the last few months.

and since you dont want to buy the fact that there is a reason they wanted Lewis maybe you will buy the fact that it would be hard to sell a player to another team that you gave up on before he even played a down for you.

but since your logic is based on the possibility than fine anything is possible but this is very unlikely.

Last edited:

Belichick talked about they have tried to get Lewis for the last three years and it's almost a running joke with him and Reid. Lewis isn't going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back