PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

There is no way --- makes the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

farn

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I forgot the story, the context, the player in question... Can someone remind me ? I like stories.

David Patten. And yes, he did.

Notwithstanding his college success in the role, there is NO WAY Bill Belichick will be the Patriots' long snapper.

Not a ton of Jags to sift this year. I'm going with Brandon Tate. Price is outplaying him at WR and can take his return job, too.

TFB. Mallett is young, has a stronger arm and is on a cheaper contract. Just Kidding!

Ron Brace - there is too much competition at his position in the unproven/JAG category.

Someone who wants it more (Pryor/Deadrick/Richard) will have his roster spot.

Jonathan Wilhype

woodhead :bricks:

oops that was last year and wrong team

Vereen and Ridley .

Would make it based on draft selection. They dont deserve a spot

Thought he was the next Walter Payton ... Lol (woodhead)

Last edited:
Vereen and Ridley .

Would make it based on draft selection. They dont deserve a spot

LOL. So we should have gone into 2011 with only 2 RB then (BJGE/Woody) to make room for al the extra QB/WR/TE? The Pats other RB's were past long in the tooth.

I forgot the story, the context, the player in question... Can someone remind me ? I like stories.
Several years ago there was a thread that somebody started, stating quite emphatically that 'there is no way David Patten makes this team'. The thread elicited hundreds of responses; Patten not only went on to make the roster, he had an extremely productive career with the Pats.

Now as kind of an inside joke, there seems to be an annual 'there is no way (fill in the blank) makes the team' comment or thread during training camp.

Hope that helps, I'm sure some of the other veteran forum members can fill in some additional details from that original thread.

This thread makes me feel old. Remember the Patten thread like it was yesterday.

What I cannot remember is who started it. Does anyone remember?

This thread makes me feel old. Remember the Patten thread like it was yesterday.

What I cannot remember is who started it. Does anyone remember?
I was just thinking the same thing.

I have no idea who, but the first person that came to mind was NEM.:eek:

Jonathan Wilhype

Yeah, he'd have to be my early pick. Also, I really can't see Sammy Morris actually making the team, unless the Pats really value having a fullback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes