PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

There is no doubt...we are saying Eff-you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: There is no doubt.....we are saying Eff-you

Anyone else find it hilarious that the Dolphins are 0-8, and Aqua is sitting on a Patriots forum after ANOTHER mediocre showing from his boys? He is whining about us running up the score, I think he is jealous we just scored more than his team will score in the next 2 months combined.

Run it up, these teams keep running their mouths, we keep winning. Bring on the Colts. Remember Dungy comparing Belichick to Bonds? Can't wait for next weekend.

What are you supposed to do when it's 42-0 in the 3rd quarter?

- Pull the starters? Check.
- Take a knee for the entire 4th quarter? Seems silly.
- Run the ball every time? Same as taking a knee if the D knows its coming, except there is injury risk to both teams.
- Stop playing D and let the other team score a few? Uh, no.

I'm not sure what people want the Pats to do in these situations.

Going for it on 4th down up 38-0, if that's not running up the score, I don't know what is.
Aqua, I like you. I respect the fact that you're still here hanging tough considering the adversity your team is facing. I also understand the 2 rings your franchise has. I understand where you're at better than you do. Because I think I'm older than you are.

The above said. The Pats are completely awesome right now. They actually are spanking arse in an unprecedented manner. 1st and foremost, I am a fan of the game. Right now NE does look a little special.

Do I think my team can beat them if need be? Ya. Of course I do. That is as long as we continue to improve.

Last edited:
Did you see BB looking around for his handshake from Joe. Next, Dungy and his take on cameragate. Bet he gets a big f'u.

In my opinion I think taking a knee is more insulting to the opposition. Just play, have fun, not our fault you can't handle us right now.

I am here to discuss OK. Nothing more. I just have a couple of comments and a question.

First of all, when you have a national writer writing EFF-you articles, I think it's a really, really bad thing. It's bringing the kind of attention and/or message to the team you don't want. If this is truly the way Belichick is playing it, there are going to be players and coaches (it only takes one) who are going to say EFF-you back Belichick let's see how you do without so and so. If, indeed, Gibbs did not acknowledge Belichick as is rumored, I think it lends credence to what I am saying because not everyone is going to handle this type of situation as Gibbs would. Obviously, this makes someone a target. That person would be Brady.

As much as you may think differently, I don't want anyone to get hurt. But if Brady were my quarterback I would be a little leary. Not necessarily because of what he is doing but because of this "message" that is apparently being sent.

I think if Brady didn't play a single play more this season he would be a unanimous selection as the NFL MVP. But I really, really do believe Belichick has put a target on his back.

I am here to discuss OK. Nothing more. I just have a couple of comments and a question.

First of all, when you have a national writer writing EFF-you articles, I think it's a really, really bad thing. It's bringing the kind of attention and/or message to the team you don't want. If this is truly the way Belichick is playing it, there are going to be players and coaches (it only takes one) who are going to say EFF-you back Belichick let's see how you do without so and so. If, indeed, Gibbs did not acknowledge Belichick as is rumored, I think it lends credence to what I am saying because not everyone is going to handle this type of situation as Gibbs would. Obviously, this makes someone a target. That person would be Brady.

As much as you may think differently, I don't want anyone to get hurt. But if Brady were my quarterback I would be a little leary. Not necessarily because of what he is doing but because of this "message" that is apparently being sent.

I think if Brady didn't play a single play more this season he would be a unanimous selection as the NFL MVP. But I really, really do believe Belichick has put a target on his back.

Cough Cough...49 TDs for Peyton Manning...Cough Cough

And we should care what a Colts fan thinks because?

Well, you just made the point I was trying to make. There were a couple of really cheap shots taken at Peyton - particularly Mike Peterson.

8 Down 11 to go. Patriots making a statement in every game!

I love this. As long as some team doesn't get pissed and go for Brady's knees, I'm all for scoring as much points as you can. How pathetic are the Redskins? LOL. 52 straight points. They should be ashamed at how freakin pathetic they are.

So when Brady gets his 50 or more it's going to have a totally different meaning than when Manning got his 49th right - cough cough. I can't wait to see the rationalizations.

Here's my take on this

1 Its classless for the losing team to whine about it. Play better!

2 If you look at some of the Big comebacks; they only happened because teams play soft with a lead. Prevent defense

3 Anyone getting paid $5 m or more has no right to complain after getting
beat by 20 or 40 points.

4. Should the team winning big just stop playing and let you get close.
What about people who pay Big $ to watch their team

i hate this "f@#k you td thing" that people say about the pats.... they make us look like we are villains or something.... in the 3rd quarter, the opposing team is still playing their starters, why cant we play ours... being up by 21+ points doesnt mean you have to stop scoring, there is still a lot of time left... and by putting our offensive starters on the field more, our defense always comes out fresh, rested and ready to go, and i support that very much, and not giving opportunities for the other teams to score... WE ARE PLAYING DEFENSE WITH OUR OFFENSE...

why is the nfl becoming this gentleman-crybaby league, when it should be about being professional and doing what it takes to win... players are paid millions dollars and now they are gonna be offended by being blown up? they are paid alot and theyre spoiled too?... instead they should suck it and move on, move forward...

to the people who say we run up the score, i say eff you! for being to sensitive, its a mans game and not boys... go pats

1. Perhaps someone with access to Lexis/Nexus can search for "Colts" & "running up the score", with the year Manning broke the TD pass record.

Checking Google & the NFL schedule from that season, there are 6-8 games in which the score MIGHT have been "run up" - where the Colts led by more than 21 points when Manning threw his final TD pass. Yet there is not ONE WORD from the national media that I can find.

Hmmmm.

2. The 2007 Patriots aren't aiming to break any records - they are looking to obliterate records. The TD pass record, the Points-Per-Game record, the '72 Dolphins team record, record. 25 years from now, 50 years from now, the spygate BS will be a footnote and the records will stand. By calling into question the Patriots legacy, the Patriots feel they must now prove their legacy is legit, complete with altering the record books to memorialize it.

3. The Pats stopped playing HARD after Brady got his (record extending) 3rd TD pass. That Jason Campbell couldn't hold onto the ball is not on the Pats; 3 strip-sacks and the resulting 17 points are why the game was a blowout. Cassel throwing on 4th down in "4 down territory" (longer than a gimme FG and too short for a coffin-corner punt) is a debatable situation. However, kneeling down with ~8:00 left in the game is even more disrespectful.

I eagerly await the week where the Pats DO lay down on a big lead and some dunderhead on the opposing team whines that the Pats "disrespected them" by not playing hard.

4. The bottom line here is that professional football players get paid to play their asses off once a week, for 16 weeks, plus some. Laying down and "taking it easy" on the opponent is a little league concept. The millionaires on the Washington football team can act like professionals and play hard or they can quit and then whine about being beat up by the other team. A beating is hard to take. Those who take it professionally, with the knowledge that they are responsible are to be respected. Those who whine and complain don't deserve to be called professionals.

Seriously - up 38-0, and we are still playing hard. I have NO PROBLEM with it. but there is no doupt we are saying EFF-Yu to the rest of the league.
Agreed. Along with, "we don't have to videotape anything, suckas!" LOL

The only way Bill Belichick can show that the three Superbowl wins

were not a result of cheating is by beating the living crap out of the

opposition. I think he is livid with rage over the punishment imposed

for videogate and shows his displeasure each week.

I love this. As long as some team doesn't get pissed and go for Brady's knees, .

and that is exactly what I'm afraid of this week more than any other........
and if a team tries it, they ought to heed Rodney's comment about seeing his own QB on the ground..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes