PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

There Is Always Room For An Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Many posters fuss alot over filling have a full 53 man roster, even though non-special teamers at the bottom of the roster are inactive in any week. Everyone is healthy but Wheatley and Kaczur. Our 8th and 9th OL are almost always inactive. We do have some players on the 53 man roster to protect them from poachers, guys like Price, Love, Fletcher and Deaderick. Four seems a bit high for developmental roster players, five if you add Woodhead. Of course, all healthy special teamers are active.

And even when the roster is full at 53, if an opportunity arises to pick up a player to upgrade the team, Belichick won't hesitate. He'll find room on the roster.

Personally, I'd rather have another corner or linebacker instead of the 10th OL. Belichick seems to have made his decisions on the other two roster allocation issues. He has decided to carry 7 defensive linemen and 5 running backs.

Belichick seems to have made his decisions on the other two roster allocation issues. He has decided to carry 7 defensive linemen and 5 running backs.
at the moment

And I, for one, am not going to argue with Coach about who he puts on his roster. I have my own opinions, like you and everyone else here, but like he says "it is what it is" a,nd he's obviously privy to a lot of info they will never even hear about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back