PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

There is actually a way to beat the Pats but I don't think any coach has thought of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: There is actually a way to beat the Pats but I don't think any coach has thought

It all comes down to execution. NE can pick up 4th and short because they are a consistent offensive team. A team that does well at executing its offense can have some success with a strategy like this. The Eagles are one such team. They are overmatched but can keep pace with a four down strategy. Brian Westbrook helps with this.

Re: There is actually a way to beat the Pats but I don't think any coach has thought

this.

Since the Pats don't have a problem going for it on 4th and 1 up 35-7, how come a coach playing against the pats can't go for it on 4th and 5 when the score is 7-0 pats? You see that Bill is going to do whatever it takes to win so why can't another NFL coach just tell his punter for that ONE GAME, take the day off because we are not going to use you today. We are going to go for it on 4th down all day long and even if it doesn't work atleast we know we came in here and made an effort to beat these guys.

That's the only way a team like the Eagles or Jets can beat the Pats since they are not as good.

not a bad idea, if ur playing the pats, there is no such thing as punting the ball, u go for it on 4th and wutever, no matter wut, cuz in reality, the pats are gonna score no matter where they start, and take clock doing so...but like this ur O has time, ur D is gonna be fresh thoughout the game, and its a very good plan...

lets hope no one other then us reads this, cuz we MIGHT be in trouble

I don't have a graph, but I like my chances to score with my defense on the field and your offense on the 1 with a 4th and 9.

7 days a week and twice on Sunday.:D

Just bumping this to say that Andy Reid came mighty close to this ultra-aggressive philosophy today -- especially on the 1st-half onside kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back