PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

There has to be big "Behind The Scenes" moves going on by the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPatBoy

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I started a thread a few days stating that I thought the Pats might be thinking about making a trade and got blasted for it. I am convinced now that something big and suprising will be happening this offseason for us. I mean it is just to quiet and we have to much money. The Cap goes up another 7 million next year and we can easily afford Seymour and Branch, so there has to be something big in the works!!!

Dude, Seymour alone will eat up that 7 million in cap space next year (if they sign him), not even including his signing bonus.

This is why Givens and McGinest were not resigned.

Ray Lewis....................

Ray Lewis is so washed up and overrated.

Look for LaVar Arrington or Julian Peterson. They are much younger and have way more upside.

my only theory of pats letting go willie would be to consciously make an effort to get younger.they let chad brown also go even though he didnt play much outside LB last yr. not saying they are trying to tank the season but in some terms it seems like they want to re build again with the draft. more like a billy beane kinda logic i guess..

Or laying in the weeds to pluck 3 good free agents for the price of 1 when the free agency feeding frenzy calms down.

mcdonut16 said:
Dude, Seymour alone will eat up that 7 million in cap space next year (if they sign him), not even including his signing bonus.

This is why Givens and McGinest were not resigned.

Not true. seymour is counting over 7 mill this year. if anything an extension will lower his cap number this year.

But the fact that BB is in Florida shows he most likely is not talking to any free agents.

SCPatBoy said:
I started a thread a few days stating that I thought the Pats might be thinking about making a trade and got blasted for it. I am convinced now that something big and suprising will be happening this offseason for us. I mean it is just to quiet and we have to much money. The Cap goes up another 7 million next year and we can easily afford Seymour and Branch, so there has to be something big in the works!!!

We're trading for shaun alexander

My God there continues to be a LOT of "stupid" flyin' around this board. The "BIG" that is going to happen, by the way, is the extension of Seymour and Branch. No one here would ever have said that particular aspect of "BIG" isn't a possibility, I'm sure that's not what you were slammed for. I believe people think it's unlikely that we're going to make a big splashy trade. It could happen, though.

P.S. Ray Lewis is not washed up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back