There Goes Thursday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

the taildragger

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
NFL | NFL Network ready to announce broadcasting team
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 06:36:08 -0700
Businessweek.com reports the NFL Network is expected to announce at its programming presentation to advertisers that it has hired TV veteran Bryant Gumbel and former wide receiver-turned-commentator Cris Collinsworth to call its new package of NFL games.

Last edited:
Two annoying guys in a booth for three hours... yippee!!!

the taildragger said:
NFL | NFL Network ready to announce broadcasting team
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 06:36:08 -0700
Businessweek.com reports the NFL Network is expected to announce at its programming presentation to advertisers that it has hired TV veteran Bryant Gumbel and former wide receiver-turned-commentator Cris Collinsworth to call its new package of NFL games.

Damn is that the best that they could do? :mad:

I like both of these guys. True their voices are definitely grating, but both of these guys have something that very few broadcast teams have - brains.

letekro said:
I like both of these guys. True their voices are definitely grating, but both of these guys have something that very few broadcast teams have - brains.
Agree. Unfortunately, Collinsworth sits on his far too often.

letekro said:

You bet. Bryant Gumble is one of my favorites.

Gumbel's annoying on his HBO show; but I like CC's insight.

wait.....wait....wait.....

surely you mean Greg Gumble?

if it is indeed Bryant Gumble doing the play-by-play I surely will die a painful death during the broadcast.

Attachments

• Scream.jpg
    Scream.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 318
Nothing could be worse than theisman and Maguire.
Taildragger, your avatar is GREAT! Outstanding.

letekro said:

Gumbel is a black supremecist and racist. If he were white he would have been run out of the broadcast booth long ago... I don't know where you think he has any brains, its certainly not between his ears. Racism is just plain stupid.

Why are they always trying to ruin my football watching? Couldn't stand Theisman and Paul "watch this" McGuire and the other guy whose name I can never remember. Hate Madden, and now Cris Collingsworth. UGH!

pats1 said:
You bet. Bryant Gumble is one of my favorites.
Me, too. I was sorry when he went to the CBS studio and out of the booth

letekro said:
Then Gumble better spit his out cause they dont belong to him

spacecrime said:
You must have stock in a gerry curl company

Last edited:
spacecrime said:

You are thinking of Gregg not Bryant.

Gregg would be fine, Bryant has never been a play by play person.

Bryant Gumble? What? Wasn't Matt Lauer or Willard Scott available?

seriously, it's been reported as BRYANT...not the guy on CBS with the hair.

IMO, this will go down as the all time worst team ever...what the hell are they thinking:mad:

I like Greg Gumble, he has knowledge and a good voice, he would be great. SADLY, I think they are going to hire Byrant "not enough black people in the Winter Olympics for it to hold my attention" Gumble.

Imagine if a white guy made that kind of statement about the NBA? He would be out of a job within a minute! Bryant Gumble is one of the most condesending people on the face of the planet! Luckily Collinsworth will drive him nuts and it should not last long.

This is a bad move by the NFL Network! I have always admired how the NFL tries to assist it's players in preparing for life after football, and I find it inconcievable that they have this golden opportunity to give someone a great job, and they give it to a a-hole like Bryant instead of an ex-player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes