PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ThePhins.com "Call me crazy but this team is up to no good again"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The adjustments in the broncos game was the Pats not turning the ball over. If they don't turn it over 3 times Pats win that game by 10-13 points.

To be fair, we've got some posters here who seem to think that fumbles, sacks and INTs are plays deliberately dialed up by our O.C., so you can see where the confusion might come from.

We'll just see after we play them.

sunshinestateloss.jpg

Does anyone else find it comical how confident these guys are about this game? I mean I can understand thinking your team has a shot to win, especially given that Miami has been playing fairly well lately, but most of those posters think there is absolutely, positively NO chance that they lose. It's bizarre.

The Ryan Tannehill thread is interesting on their forum:

I was going to post this in the "franchise quarterback" thread, but it was interesting enough information for me to share it in its own separate thread.

Ryan has thrown the exact same number of balls this year (through 13 games) as he did all of last year so I figure it's a great time to compare his growth.

We all agreed that when we drafted this kid that he was going to need some time to learn the NFL game and grow within the system. Well we have a pretty good idea of how much he has grown because through 13 games he has thrown the exact amount of passes as he did last year.

2012: 484 attempts, 282 completions (58%), 3,294 yards, (6.8 ave) 12 TDs, 13 INTs
2013: 484 attempts, 300 completions (62%), 3,315 yards, (6.9 ave) 20 TDs, 14 INTs

That is marked improvement from a year ago and we only have to think his next 484 throws are going to be even better.

Brady 2013: 523 attempts, 318 completions, 60.8%, 3685 yards (7.0 yards/attempt), 21 TDs, 9 Interceptions.

Tannehill is having a comparable year to Tom Brady. The Dolphins should do everything in their power to assemble a top-flight offesnive line for this guy.

To be fair, we've got some posters here who seem to think that fumbles, sacks and INTs are plays deliberately dialed up by our O.C., so you can see where the confusion might come from.

I absolutely HATE when McDaniels calls the Ridley-Intentional-Fumble-for-6 play! If I were Brady I would audible into the Long Bomb TD playcall. In fact, why isn't that called everytime? We could average 84 points a game!

Brady 2013: 523 attempts, 318 completions, 60.8%, 3685 yards (7.0 yards/attempt), 21 TDs, 9 Interceptions.

Tannehill is having a comparable year to Tom Brady. The Dolphins should do everything in their power to assemble a top-flight offesnive line for this guy.

Unfortunately for Tannehill, this is the wrong year to have comparable stats to Brady. Brady's stats this year are pedestrian for him. Stats-wise, he is on track for one of his worst years of his career (at least since he started to put ungodly numbers in 2007). Brady's stats are weighed down because of the disaster the offense was in without Gronk, Vereen, or Amendola along with two rookie WRs starting and playing like rookies.

Tannehill is improving, but I don't think he is anything more than an average to above average QB. The o-line is part of the problem, but even when he has protection he does hold onto the football too long a lot.

Well, according to people in the Pats/cheating thread, their Oline is drastically improved since the last time we played them.

I absolutely HATE when McDaniels calls the Ridley-Intentional-Fumble-for-6 play! If I were Brady I would audible into the Long Bomb TD playcall. In fact, why isn't that called everytime? We could average 84 points a game!

My favorite play McDaniels calls is when he tells o-lineman not to block defenders and give them a clear shot at Brady to try to draw the roughing the QB penalty. Most OCs wouldn't be that ahead of the curve that a 15 yard penalty is better than an 8 yard pass.

I don't know what McD was thinking when he called for the riddley 360 into the middle of the line fumble play. Thats almost never worked for us.

Well, according to people in the Pats/cheating thread, their Oline is drastically improved since the last time we played them.

Tanehill is still getting hit and sacked a lot. Just not as much as he used to. In the six games he has played since the Pats' game, he has been sacked 16 times or 2.7 times a game. The Jets and Tampa Bay are the only ones who haven't sacked him three or more times and the Jets suck at sacks this year.

Most of the come backs the biggest adjust has been that the Patriots stopped turning the ball over!!!! So unless BB is stapling the ball to guys hands, I don't think they are cheating.

They literally handed Denver 24 points, Brady threw that god awful interception in Cleveland, lets not even talk about the fumble after the Gronk went down. Its not like the Pats weren't moving the ball in the first half, they just kept fumbling it.

I re-watched the Miami game last night, again the Pats slept walked through the first half, another bad int by Brady. Miami stops them to start the third, goes down the field, misses a field goal, bang, boom, zoom, its suddenly 27-17 Pats.

Seriously, what would happen if the Pts actually got off to a good start?

Most of the come backs the biggest adjust has been that the Patriots stopped turning the ball over!!!! So unless BB is stapling the ball to guys hands, I don't think they are cheating.

They literally handed Denver 24 points, Brady threw that god awful interception in Cleveland, lets not even talk about the fumble after the Gronk went down. Its not like the Pats weren't moving the ball in the first half, they just kept fumbling it.

I re-watched the Miami game last night, again the Pats slept walked through the first half, another bad int by Brady. Miami stops them to start the third, goes down the field, misses a field goal, bang, boom, zoom, its suddenly 27-17 Pats.

Seriously, what would happen if the Pts actually got off to a good start?

If we got off to a good start we would let teams back into the game like we did against Atlanta, the Jets, the Saints, etc.

The more interesting question would be: what if we played a complete 60 minute game?

Or... the dolphins could just cheat... like we do.. ;)

The Dolphins fans are talking themselves into believing they can beat the Patriots, and then you get to Post #19 by a guy named MonstBlitz:

LOL. This stuff just cracks me up. Surely, the coach and staff of a team that's been to five Super Bowls in the 2000s and his HOF quarterback cannot figure out how to deal with the Rob Chudzinski, Wade Phillips and Jack Del Rio to rally from behind without cheating.

Sure, the Pats caught some big breaks from the refs against the Browns, but that stuff balances out over the course of the season (Jets & Panthers anyone?), but there is no indication the Patriots cheated.

I guess it's nice to have an excuse before you put on your Marino jersey and head oout for the game.

Careful: New England still dangerous even without Gronk
hopefully the Dolphins are as unaware of half-time adjustments as him.

If we got off to a good start we would let teams back into the game like we did against Atlanta, the Jets, the Saints, etc.

The more interesting question would be: what if we played a complete 60 minute game?

I think everyone is saying this though. Usually around this time you can figure out what your team is like, good or bad, but it usually does not change to much.
We've been waiting for the consistant 8 year dominate offense, but not seeing that in every game. Defense bailed us out a lot..weird.
I think Pats are what they are and what they have shown and done, I think. A touph team with alot of heart.
Think TB is keeping things together, but a few no names have contributed on the OL, DL, WR, and etc.. to keep fighting.
More so than TB winning MVP, I really believe AR of the chiefs, and BB should be coach of the year.
I really doubt Pats could play 60 minutes of perfect ball. Injuries during the game have messed that up. But the good D , touph spirit , and excellent coaching make them a playoff team. I consider the Pats to be just as dangerous as KC, tougher than BAL, and its my opinion that KC is the best team in the AFC.

1. Peyton blows in the cold.

2. Houston just got swept by Jacksonville.

You don't have to cheat to beat either of 'em.

1. Peyton blows in the cold.

2. Houston just got swept by Jacksonville.

You don't have to cheat to beat either of 'em.
We've already played and beaten both Denver and Houston. You need to spend some time catching up on your DVRed games.

Again?? What was the no good we were up to before? Filming from a spot that wasn't a booth or any of the other hundreds of places where you can still see signals?

Stop making sense.

Does anyone else find it comical how confident these guys are about this game? I mean I can understand thinking your team has a shot to win, especially given that Miami has been playing fairly well lately, but most of those posters think there is absolutely, positively NO chance that they lose. It's bizarre.

Then it'll be great to listen to them come crashing down to earth when...err.. if we beat them.

I think everyone is saying this though. Usually around this time you can figure out what your team is like, good or bad, but it usually does not change to much.
We've been waiting for the consistant 8 year dominate offense, but not seeing that in every game. Defense bailed us out a lot..weird.
I think Pats are what they are and what they have shown and done, I think. A touph team with alot of heart.
Think TB is keeping things together, but a few no names have contributed on the OL, DL, WR, and etc.. to keep fighting.
More so than TB winning MVP, I really believe AR of the chiefs, and BB should be coach of the year.
I really doubt Pats could play 60 minutes of perfect ball. Injuries during the game have messed that up. But the good D , touph spirit , and excellent coaching make them a playoff team. I consider the Pats to be just as dangerous as KC, tougher than BAL, and its my opinion that KC is the best team in the AFC.

I don't think you can say KC is the best AFC team when Denver beat them convincingly in both games. I think Denver is definitely the most talented team in the AFC, but they are not built for the playoffs. Their receiving corps is too finesse/soft, Manning struggles in the cold/in big games, and they have a weak secondary. We can beat them even in Denver.

The simplest most concise way to respond to these nit wits.....

A) It wasn't illegal to tape from that location until 2007, so all of the pats wins and SB's were legit.

B) The memo making taping from that spot illegal was circulated during the summer of 2007. The Pats got pinched the first game of the season. So if you want to call taping ten yards closer to where it was/is legal they never had a chance to cheat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes