PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Theory Never mentioned in late-gate

Status
Not open for further replies.

lurker1965

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Revis knows anything he does not want to talk about just say, "ask Bill about that." 99 times out of 100 that works. When a'hole media members dissect the statement that is 100. Besides other than AD's crew we have no idea who was ever sent home. Has any "esteemed" media member asked Troy Brown or Tedy Bruschi if they've been sent home for being late, or without mentioning names, have they seen it. (The "reporter" will assume it was Brady, or Faulk, or McGuiness, or Cassel - whomever the "reporter" needs to sell twitter on that day.

Revis knows what is expected when he meets the media... he handled this situation contritely, and according to sources he was genuinely remorseful.

AD was stupid, arrogant and petulant...

Other team members have not been asked as it has not come up, some "mole" let this info out.. confident that this has happened more than two times during this current regime...

Troy or Tedy probably will not divulge information on other players...

As much as I dislike the contrary Boston Media, this is on Revis.. no one else, he created the situation and all involved dealt with it..

I'll gi.ve you an even better alternative "late-gate" theory.

BB knows he's entering a very tough 6 game stretch. He needs his team locked in and focused. So he goes to Revis and tells him not to bother to come in for Tuesday's walk through. That he'll give him a vet day off.....and in return, he'll put "operation late-gate" into motion. The result:

1. BB gets to reinforce discipline and focus
2. Revis comes off as the consummate team player owning up to his mistake
3. As the media turns this into the greatest scandal since Watergate, the Pats go into "ignore the noise" mode and locks into the kind of focus that gave us the Bengal game result.
4. Reinforces the "its us against the world" attitude.

The other more simple alternative option is that Revis overslept, BB tells him to stay home, and then ileaks it to the press in order to create the situation mentioned above and winds up with a locked in team on Sunday. :eek:

Revis knows anything he does not want to talk about just say, "ask Bill about that." 99 times out of 100 that works. When a'hole media members dissect the statement that is 100. Besides other than AD's crew we have no idea who was ever sent home. Has any "esteemed" media member asked Troy Brown or Tedy Bruschi if they've been sent home for being late, or without mentioning names, have they seen it. (The "reporter" will assume it was Brady, or Faulk, or McGuiness, or Cassel - whomever the "reporter" needs to sell twitter on that day.

What theory?

Christian Fauria said you never ever show up late - never happens - then in the next sentence says it happened all the time.

He is an incredible doofus as a communicator.

“In general, as a rule, if you are late for a practice, which I have never heard of — listen, you only have 16 weeks of a regular season — I don’€™t know how many practices that is, and it’€™s not like they practice hard anyway,” Fauria said. “If you miss a practice that is inexcusable. I can’t excuse that. You just know better, just leave.”

Fauria explained how much Belichick stresses to his teams that being late is something that will not be tolerated.

“€œHere is what Bill does: ‘If there is a snowstorm and Friday we have practice and tomorrow or there is going to be a lot of rain, there’€™s going to be flooding in your neighborhood, don’€™t call me Friday morning telling me you’€™re going to be late. I’€™m telling you now, Thursday, that I don’€™t expect you to be late — and I am telling you there is going to be flooding in your neighborhood. Sleep in a hotel the night before, sleep at a friends house, leave at 1:00 a.m., make sure you’€™re here on time. Being late will not be an excuse.’ It’€™s happened in the past, guys have been late, guys have been sent home,” Fauria explained.

http://www.weei.com/sports/feed/blog/anonymous/christian-fauria-‘never-heard-of’-patriots-player-being-late-practice

Last edited:
Can we just let this non-story die ?

He overslept (or whatever), was told to stay home, came in to apologize. Story over.

Sometimes it is just as easy as that. No conspiracies..

Meh. Non-story kept alive in order to generate clicks. I'm on to Chicago.

The only question is: Is Revis going to have to sit out any portion of tomorrow's game?? Or is he good to go?? All the rest is too miniscule to have any meaning.

I like Fauria, Ray! I'll trade one of him for three EYE-ANN Eagles.

I've got to be honest, he started to drive me nuts by the end of preseason. It's like he feels he has to talk before he thinks.

I'll take Chatham and some generic announcer type and ditch christian and the furniture boys. Too much freakin gabbing for me!

Never trust someone who doesn't know how to pronounce his own name, right?

90% of these TV announcers stink and the few that are bearable, still are required to create some BS narrative that has nothing to do with the game, while ignoring actual game action.

Before the ability to get satellite feeds and such, there was a radio service on the computer that featured radio feeds of NFL games. Sucked to miss the visuals, but the play by play and color was heaven, from many different feeds (I think the Pats were on 'bcn and they wouldn't let their feeds be broadcast). Everyone was twice as good as the best TV team and. occasionally, I'd grab a feed and watch TV, even though the announcers were for the opposition.

TV wants broadcasts for people who don't like football and I'm serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back