PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

THEORETICALLY decoupling Brady/Belichick/Kraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not unique that an owner passionately cares about his team from his youth, but it's good. It's not unique for an owner to seek out and pursue a single team architect with that same passion. It's rare that the organizational mindset of that coach is a factor. It's very rare to go after such a coach with the resources Kraft threw at acquiring Belichick and be right.

Again, I am in the City of Snyder. Previously, it had been the City of Jack Kent Cook -- a relatively savvy guy who bled burgundy and gold. Up in NE, we all remember the Kiam days.

Believe me, it matters.

Kraft & Belichick embraced being smarter, accepting delayed gratification when necessary, and understanding that it's work and smarts that get you to the top of the hill and keep it going year in and year out. They think years down the road, not just months, while getting it right week after week. And that's both of them, not just Kraft - BB has the final say on players (except Troy Brown, if reports are to be believed,) and he has been an uncontrite cutter, regardless of a player's perceived (or self-perceived) value. Winning breeds winning, and BB has been able to leverage that to succeed with rehab projects who want to play in NE, because they know that what's going on with the Pats is a rare thing to be part of.

Xs and Os are all Belichick, which is as it should be. Teaching and coaching are on Belichick. But you need a Kraft to get a Belichick. Without BB would Kraft have been a Dan Snyder, furiously ripping through the stack of available sexy head coach picks and fantasy football studs from two years ago? I just don't think so.

Consistency and wisdom in the ownership generally breeds consistency and wisdom on the field. The best teams of the last fifteen years have had solid organizations that start from the top on down. I would love to see this team stay in the Kraft family and have it run as a family organization in the same vein as the Stillers and the Giants. While people may hate those teams, it is hard to deny that the nature of their ownership has kept them generally competitive over the long term, and as fans, that's about the best you can ask for.

As for thinking about decoupling Kraft/BB/Kraft? That's like asking me to think about decoupling my gonads. I can't choose and won't even do a hypothetical. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back