PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Theisman's Comment on Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terry Glenn is a cowgirl said:
Whatabout that short pass in the end zone to Watson... that was about five feet too high?

That should have been a touchdown, but instead, it was a field goal.

Am I the only one who seen that play?

I could have added the interception throw, but... I won't.

Yeah, that's being abit picky, but you know that Belichick will say the same thing to Brady in those meetings.

That was definitely a throw away.

I said it elsewhere but the test of a QB is throwing the out pattern across the field. Ball needs real Zip to avoid the pick that takes it home. Brady can make that throw. Many NFL QBs cannot. Distance is not the metric but FWIW Brady WON the QB challenge years ago for the distance throw. Clue, it had to be within accuracy bounds.

Ron Mexico has the strongest arm in the league. The videotape is conclusive on this one I think.

I laughed out loud when i read the couple comments about "throwing mechanics"
yeah im suuuuuuuuuuure you guys know what you are talking about

bwahahhaahahah!

"throwing mechanics"

i think it is hilarious

Bella*chick said:
I'm not sure why we should look at Brady's wobbly throws from 2001 on. It should be apparent to anyone Brady has worked hard to improve this throwing ability and what he did in 2001 has nothing to do with Theisman's observation on his arm strength last night.

I think Theisman is as big an idiot as the next guy, but not for that comment.
Nooooooooooooooooo!

FloridaPatsFan said:
I did catch Brady apologizing to Reche and they kind of man-hugged and laughed about it. But it is important to let your receivers know you feel bad for not seeing them.

Not to mention that it also keeps your receivers from giving up on a route when there is always that chance that even though your the 4th option, you still have a good chance at getting thrown too.....

Precisely !:singing:

AzPatsFan said:
Did you notice what Brady did after the play. He sought out Reche and apologized for not seeing him in time and not throwing it to him.

That's the kind of leadership that binds a receiver to a QB; He knows that his hardwork getting open was not ignored and disregarded. So he will continue to work next time to get open as well.;)

I think Brady has a much stronger arm than he used to have. His fastball is much faster than it used to be. He has retained his touch though. Weight training works.:D

Humility is a great characteristic. Tom and I are really great at what we do, but we still find a way to excel at being humble as well. (Polishing my humility badge)

Brady = fastball pitcher with excellent control
Manning = breaking stuff pitcher with amazing control

Even when the breaking baller has the better ERA, when there's a must-have out you probably want the fastballer.

And that analogy may help illustrate why Brady is the superior clutch QB of the two, even though Manning may well be the better one in non-clutch situations.

Fencer said:
Brady = fastball pitcher with excellent control
Manning = breaking stuff pitcher with amazing control

Even when the breaking baller has the better ERA, when there's a must-have out you probably want the fastballer.

And that analogy may help illustrate why Brady is the superior clutch QB of the two, even though Manning may well be the better one in non-clutch situations.
i beg to differ. I think they both have EXCELLENT mechanics. this is coming from a guy who KNOWS Quarterbacks.

We are talking about mechanics here, this isnt kids stuff

Keegs said:
i beg to differ. I think they both have EXCELLENT mechanics.

That sure doesn't seem to differ from what I said.

But whatever the reasons, if a WR slips behind the defense, Manning is somewhat more likely to hit him in perfect stride than Brady. Brady is accurate; Manning is even more accurate.

If you put Ty Law and Rodney Harrison covering Brady's top receiver in a playoff game, I don't think he'd wind up throwing three INTs to Law. But I don't think the reason for that is superior precison in ball placement.

Last edited:
I never believed the garbage about Brady's arm. My eyes don't lie. Heck three years ago he came in first in the long distance throw in the QB challenge, on NBC.

His arm has been top notch for a long time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes