PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Theismann No Huddle name blunder on NFLN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why it was so funny. Woodc0ck is the name of a bird and also a common last name, Theismann just made a mistake. And interpreting it as some sort of goofy sexual innuendo doesn't make sense either. I watched the whole show waiting to see what the teaser was about with them laughing and that's all? :rolleyes:
Yo baby those are just jokes... that Eddie Murphy sure is funny. :p

Re: Mariucci No Huddle name blunder on NFLN

Link

NFL Videos: What's his name, Joe?

Wood-kok coming out of Brady's backfield.... hmmm... :lol2:

Blank a-doodle-doo.

Think about that while
the celebrities are writing.

Here we are. Let's go over
to our **** Nixon,

our own ex-president.
What do you got there, ****?

Well, it takes a **** to know
a ****, and that's what I wrote.

****-a-doodle-doo.

Now, that's what
I would have said.

That seemed
like the obvious answer.

OK, let's go to our own
Jackie "The Jokeman" Martling.

Jackie The Jokeman?

Gene, I have ****,
and I wrote it big.

I have a big ****.

Uh, I don't think you can
say "big ****" on the radio.

I think that's a no-no.

But I just said *****.

Yeah, she
just said *****.

Yes, ***** is OK.
It's the way he says it.

"Big ****" coming out of
your mouth sounds awfully dirty.

So I can't say
"big ****,"

but you can say "big ****
coming out of my mouth"?

- That's correct.
- That sucks.

Did you just say, "big ****
coming out of your mouth sucks"?

All right,
enough of this nonsense.

We gotta move
to Miss Brett Somers.

Just like the boys,
Gene, I've got ****.

There it is, ****-a-doo...
do me a favor

and hold that up
so I can see your ****.

Aw, Gene, don't
have...

All right, there it is.
****, ****, ****.

I must tell you, though,
we have to end this fun right now.

I want to thank all of you.
Give yourselves a big hand.

51QebY21dOL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

funny? yes, but not THAT funny. :confused:

What I noticed watching the show was that they were already kind of giggly, like they had been hitting ye olde vino. I think that probably is why the reaction turned out the way it did. Like I said earlier, it was the reaction that was pretty funny.

Last edited:
I didnt find funny that Mayock found that people were getting carried away with the pats... I respect Mayock, but was shocked that he was not that impressed with us...

I didnt find funny that Mayock found that people were getting carried away with the pats... I respect Mayock, but was shocked that he was not that impressed with us...

I noticed that as well with Mayock. I recall him saying something to the effect of "they [Patriots] are not the most talented team, but they are playing the best..." during an recent episode of "Playbook". He must be interjecting this train of thought into various segments on NFL Net.

I understand his logic. We have had blowouts because of turnovers. When teams play a more conservative approach and really limit turnovers, how will we do?

Also, think about all the rookies and second year players. These guys have looked good all year but this is the playoffs. How will the look? How will they feel?

Edleman looked great in the pre-season but not so great in the regular season. Maybe the same thing will happen to the rooks in the post-season.

The key with this team is that it has great potential. This team's best years are ahead of it. 2012-2013 could be another 16-0 season.

I understand his logic. We have had blowouts because of turnovers. When teams play a more conservative approach and really limit turnovers, how will we do?

Also, think about all the rookies and second year players. These guys have looked good all year but this is the playoffs. How will the look? How will they feel?

Edleman looked great in the pre-season but not so great in the regular season. Maybe the same thing will happen to the rooks in the post-season.

The key with this team is that it has great potential. This team's best years are ahead of it. 2012-2013 could be another 16-0 season.

Good point here. I am eager to see how the Patriots youth respond to the playoff atmosphere.

A few things... they were already punchy because they were having a lot, and I mean a LOT, of fun at Theissman's expense, about how it's "all about him," etc. It was "rip Theissman day" already, then he flubbed the name, and well, you know.

I dunno whether they were all a little tipsy to begin with, but it looked like the idea was "go ahead, have some fun on camera, people dig that."

Also, it was "that funny" because they were in full locker-room mode -- that's one of the problems where "analysts" come, most often, from locker rooms.

Then you have a guy saying "Wood ****" after you rib him a number of times already, and really it's a wonder you didn't have 15 minutes of homoerotic banter following. In fact, maybe there was, but they had to edit it out.

I thought it was sorta funny, in fact, I even laughed a little too, because Theissman was already getting a bunch of crap, and it was funny sort of seeing that everybody wanted to go over the top and say stuff like "Yeah Joe's always thinking about wood ****," and they (apparently) couldn't -- maybe through the magic of editing of course. But overall the effect was that they were a bunch of teenagers, emotionally and mentally, and because of this silly game we follow so closely, they were able to afford and wear these big important suits and ties on the TEE VEE.

But what do I know... I'm a pinhead in Washington that chuckles more than he belly-laughs most days.

Meh.

I thought it was a little funny, guess you had to be there. 2mins of laughing? Damn lol.

it was funny but not THAT funny.

...man prime's teeth are white, they were almost glowing...

There has to be some inside joke that we're not aware of.

Maybe they should get Theismann can do the Extendze commercials with Jimmy Johnson. :rolleyes:

What I noticed watching the show was that they were already kind of giggly, like they had been hitting ye olde vino.

More like smoking ganja, when even the mildest joke can seem hysterical. But I didn't see any smoke on the set.

The funniest part was when Deion was on the floor, and all you could see was his teeth.

Woodc0ck is a very respectably name, as is woodhead. I don't think it's really that "funny" if you think about it. Pats had a player named Brian Cox...was that really funny? Is this 5th grade? What about the SC Gamec0cks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back