PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Theganggreen.com Forums in Lockdown mode again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there is a moral to this story. When all is said and done, only one fan base is happy at the end of the Super Bowl. I am kinda glad it was a tale of two halves so each fan base in the AFC got to experience some pain.

On February 3, 2008 at 10:00 pm, everyone in the World outside of Patriot nation was happy with the outcome and the negative energy from that campaign still lingers today.

It does no good to know that Patriots were 2-0 against this years Super Bowl participants because we blew chow on our home field for the 2nd year in the row in the only game that mattered.

That said, I am considering investing in a cheesehead.

In the here and now (what really matters) is the Jets, in two consecutive years, advanced further than the pats. Just sayin' :snob:

Congrats

You are currently the AFC's version of the Eagles.

Enjoy choking in the big games.

In the here and now (what really matters) is the Jets, in two consecutive years, advanced further than the pats. Just sayin' :snob:

Not counting SB winning years; in the last decade, the Pats advanced farther than the Jets in 2005, 2006, and 2007, and had a better record than the Jets in all of those years, but without the SB victory, it didn't give me much solace. Different standards of success, I guess. :confused2:

Enjoy the NFL's version of Jerry Springer this off-season.

Do you have a link to what James Calvin did?
If i'm right...it's the same pos from ganggreennation.....and i hate that mofo

i'm not bragging just calling out all you homers for dubbing the jets' season a failure when any reasonable individual that objectively looks at the season will disagree. What makes it more ironic is the fact that this is the very team that advanced in the playoffs by delivering a crushing defeat to your beloved pats.
Get real

I'm not bragging
Not true; that's exactly what you're doing. Why else would you be here?
just calling out all you homers for dubbing the Jets' season a failure when any reasonable individual that objectively looks at the season will disagree. What makes it more ironic is the fact that this is the very team that advanced in the playoffs by delivering a crushing defeat to your beloved Pats.
Get real
What you're not taking into consideration is that the Jets, Jets fans, and the media were all pretty much in agreement that the Jets would win the AFC East and the AFC, and many if not most predicted they would win the Super Bowl.

On the other hand the Pats were seen as a team that were in rebuilding team that were expected to go from 8-8 to 10-6, about a 50-50 chance of making it into the playoffs as a wild card.

Looking at it from that perspective - expectations at the start of the season - the Pats over achieved and the Jets under achieved. That is what you are failing to recognize. To call others homers for their views is highly ironic; you're not exactly being the voice of objectivity here tonight.

Every year, 31 teams meet my basic definition of failure. Based on that, I am deaf to any and all Jets > Pats (or, for that matter, Pats > Jets, unless we're talking Big Picture :D) nonsense...

Last edited:
I'm not bragging just calling out all you homers for dubbing the Jets' season a failure when any reasonable individual that objectively looks at the season will disagree. What makes it more ironic is the fact that this is the very team that advanced in the playoffs by delivering a crushing defeat to your beloved Pats.
Get real

Actually the jets set the bar by declaring themselves WORLD CHAMPIONS before the season even started, and when a team that hasn't even been to the Super Bowl in over 40 years does that they put the target on themselves and UNDERACHIEVE when they don't even make the game. The Patriots put the youngest defense in football out on the field and went 14-2 sand beat all four Championship Game participants in doing so, and while they laid a stinker in the play-off's their future is bright with that young defense and 6 picks in the first 3 rounds of this draft. The jets on the other hand have serious cap and free agent issues with little to go to in the draft. The Patriots are the team on the rise, the Jets are the team that is going to have to scramble and scrape to stay at contender status.

Last edited:
Actually the jets set the bar by declaring themselves WORLD CHAMPIONS before the season even started, and when a team that hasn't even been to the Super Bowl in over 40 years does that they put the target on themselves and UNDERACHIEVE when they don't even make the game. The Patriots put the youngest defense in football out on the field and went 14-2 sand beat all four Championship Game participants in doing so, and while they laid a stinker in the play-off's their future is bright with that young defense and 6 picks in the first 3 rounds of this draft. The jets on the other hand have serious cap and free agent issues with little to go to in the draft. The Patriots are the team on the rise, the Jets are the team that is going to have to scramble and scrape to stay at contender status.

EXACTLY !!! If us (or others) declare their season (Jets) to have been a "failure", it is merely because of the "bar" that THEY THEMSELVES declared to be so high. Too late for them to go back and "lower" the standard now. Can't have it both ways. Somewhere, I seem to remember the declaration having been made "Super Bowl or Bust". Well, according to their own declaration, I view it as "bust".

EZ76

Last edited:
To be fair with Greaser this is the Jets we are talking about. I don't think you'll be able to change his mind that the season was a success. Everyone in the TGG was wetting themselves over the victory over our Pats. I know if we beat the Jets it would just mean another playoff victory knowing that we have 2 more to go. They put it all against us that they had to do the Dennis Byrd crap before the game against the Pats. Rex Ryan called it the second biggest game in their crappy history. They are trying to lift their heads up but the sad reality is we still going to be there and we had the youngest D in the league last year. The Jets didn't win anything this year 0 Titles not even the East.

He did pleanty of talking before the game in NE. :D

...backed up that talk too. Not much talk before the Steelers game.

In any case, yes, a snake bitten team like the Jets and their fans are happy about play off runs and AFCCG showings. Next time SB, you know what they say? 3rd time is a charm.
Sorry but you guys are'nt going to piss in my cereal today. Damn proud of my team.

Yeah but you don't have anything to be proud of. Your team overspent. They underachieved, and most importantly, they didn't win anything. (Heck, not even the AFCE title.) I can't fathom how you could come to another team's forum that empty-handed. It's almost as pathetic as your team's past 40 years of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back