PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Theganggreen.com Forums in Lockdown mode again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the Jets will hang an "AFC Finalist 2010" banner at the new Giants Stadium.

Was just watching clips from the Jets press conferences after the game. The only guy I felt bad for was Jason Taylor. What a class act. You could see how bad he wanted it. He was on the verge of tears and knew he was likely done in NY. Regarding LT, I didn't feel bad for his classy self.

This thread makes seeing the Steelers in another SB worthwhile.

Awww...yes, yes it really does, and this really pains me to say, but this Steelers win against the Jets, has helped put a pep back in my step! uggg

Yes, True, but really, they have nothing to show for it. And, last I checked, they don't give "runner up" trophies for losing AFCCG's (back-to-back, no less), "just sayin' ".

EZ76

...but to deny this is a measure of success is being a homer. Can you deny that back to back AFCCG showings must equate to a level of success that is perhaps not as good as a SB but successful none the less?
Would the Pats have had a more successful season if they made it to the AFCCG?
If you're a Phin fan the answer is no because you can pick higher in the draft. :rolleyes:
Like I said, I expect more from you guys.

In the here and now (what really matters) is the Jets, in two consecutive years, advanced further than the pats. Just sayin' :snob:

If you want to base your team's existence and success on recent history with the Jets versus Patriots then by all means, please do. In a few years, recent history becomes old history and you know what?........No one remembers 2nd place, only how many rings your wearing and well if you want to do the math, then by all means, go right ahead.:rolleyes:

...but to deny this is a measure of success is being a homer. Can you deny that back to back AFCCG showings must equate to a level of success that is perhaps not as good as a SB but successful none the less?
Would the Pats have had a more successful season if they made it to the AFCCG?
If you're a Phin fan the answer is no because you can pick higher in the draft. :rolleyes:
Like I said, I expect more from you guys.

We don't settle for mediocrity, and sure as hell don't brag about just making an appearence in a big game.

Jests have sucked for 42 years, of course this would be a success to them. A well run franchise only sees a title as a success.

No AFC championship, let alone AFC East title, so what are you going to brag about exactly?

We don't settle for mediocrity, and sure as hell don't brag about just making an appearence in a big game.

Jests have sucked for 42 years, of course this would be a success to them. A well run franchise only sees a title as a success.

No AFC championship, let alone AFC East title, so what are you going to brag about exactly?

I'm not bragging just calling out all you homers for dubbing the Jets' season a failure when any reasonable individual that objectively looks at the season will disagree. What makes it more ironic is the fact that this is the very team that advanced in the playoffs by delivering a crushing defeat to your beloved Pats.
Get real

Seriously! Time for an intervention from your pal Greaser. Have you seen your God Damn new threads page?! I counted ten, TEN, threads created in homage to the hated Jets. Not much to talk about huh?
Its pathetic really.

Last edited:
I'm not bragging just calling out all you homers for dubbing the Jets' season a failure when any reasonable individual that objectively looks at the season will disagree. What makes it more ironic is the fact that this is the very team that advanced in the playoffs by delivering a crushing defeat to your beloved Pats.
Get real

Well, I guess "success" or "failure" can be in the "eye of the beholder". It depends on what you define as a "failure". Seeing that Rex Ryan himself said "Super Bowl or bust", well you do the math there. OK, fine, we understand that the Jets got further into the playoffs the last two years, then we did. Hey, it happens. No one is disputing that fact, but again, it compels me to ask WHAT DO YOU HAVE (TANGIBLE) TO SHOW FOR IT? (NO Lombardi, No Lamar Hunt Trophy, heck not even an AFC-East title to boast). Your "Super Bowl" (last week) means very little right now, seeing that your season is just as over as ours is now. You see, that is a huge difference between the Pats and Jets, last week was your "Super Bowl" for us it was a just "playoff game". Now, granted we lost, point taken. I guess your team and coach did not get the memo, that last week's win only extended your season by one week. That having won, you had "bigger" game this week. But, hey, I digress, but, maybe with the Jets lack of any substantial success over the past 4 decades, and their ignorance should be forgiven.

EZ76

Last edited:
I wish the camera had gone to Ed the Fireman more often last night...would have loved to see his face once it was OH-VAH!

Get real

So....the Jests went ONE game further than the Patriots this year....

AND????

So when you grow up and look into the history of the NFL...what do you have to be proud of?

"We almost made it to the super bowl"....man, quite an accomplishment!:rolleyes:

Get real

The Jets season was a failure. Talk to Rex about it. He'll explain about the team expecting to win the Super Bowl, etc.... I don't mind the guys who talk but, when you do talk, you have to back it up. Ryan wrote checks that the Jets couldn't cash.

The Jets season was a failure. Talk to Rex about it. He'll explain about the team expecting to win the Super Bowl, etc.... I don't mind the guys who talk but, when you do talk, you have to back it up. Ryan wrote checks that the Jets couldn't cash.

He did pleanty of talking before the game in NE. :D

...backed up that talk too. Not much talk before the Steelers game.

In any case, yes, a snake bitten team like the Jets and their fans are happy about play off runs and AFCCG showings. Next time SB, you know what they say? 3rd time is a charm.
Sorry but you guys are'nt going to piss in my cereal today. Damn proud of my team.

In any case, yes, a snake bitten team like the Jets and their fans are happy about play off runs and AFCCG showings. Next time SB, you know what they say? 3rd time is a charm.
Sorry but you guys are'nt going to piss in my cereal today. Damn proud of my team.

Congrats on your team accomplishing nothing, hold your head high.

I was responding to your post, nothing more, so your pride in your team doesn't matter. Ryan made it clear that this year was "Super Bowl or bust!".

Well, it's not Super Bowl.

he did pleanty of talking before the game in ne. :d

...backed up that talk too. Not much talk before the steelers game.

In any case, yes, a snake bitten team like the jets and their fans are happy about play off runs and afccg showings. Next time sb, you know what they say? 3rd time is a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots