PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The WR situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you serious ? You think one of these guys (Tate, Benn, LaFell or any of these other round-2 rated WRs) would bring more to the table than a proven TO ? Are you out of your mind ? Or just punch drunk on BB Koolaid again !

After all the locker room/leadership issues that this team had, I don't see why you would want to bring in a me-first guy like TO. Give me team guys that can give you 40-60 catches for 700 yds any day of the week. The Saints proved that a high-number of passing threats can make an offense equally productive. 2007 Pats also proved that to be true. I'll take Reed and/or Mason any day of the week.

I respect his production and his toughness. But it's all about TO- not the team. Always has been always will be. There is the argument that, 'TO doesn't mouth off his first year' but that does not mean that if things go poorly for him here out of the gate, it doesn't not mean he won't be a menace by Week 4.

TO is not worth it and hes not coming here. Move on.

Last edited:
I don't know why you are so troubled with idea of Patten as our #5 or #6 receiver.

Do you really think Patten makes it out of TC with the team? UUGGHH!!!

And while I think it is extremely likely that Tate will be available at #22, I would be shocked if BB took a WR in the first round.

But then again one could say we have 3 gaping holes on the roster right now. X receiver, OLB and RDE.

Best X receiver most likely to be available when we draft at #22 is Tate. Tate is fast, decent hands, quick twitch, tremendous YAC, and can help in the return game.But his route running is horrible by NFL standards and he may not be strong enough to beat press coverage. If we pass on Tate who is the next best X receiver after Tate? Maybe Decker, but he is recovering from a serious injury. (Day 3 pick)

Best RDE most likely to be available when we draft at #22 is Odrick. Odrick has the measurables and projects well into the 5 technique. But he has no 3-4 experience and in the bowl game last season, he didn;t do bumpus against a weak LSU O Line. If we pass on Odrick who is the next best RDE after Odrick? Maybe Wooten (2nd Round Pick)

Best OLB most likely to be available when we draft at #22 is Graham. Graham is a pass rushing animal that also plays hard against the run. Tons of TFL's against quality competition. But he lacks measurables, has no experience in the 3-4 and played on a WEAK defense. If we pass on Granham who is the next best OLB after Granham? Many options like Hughes, Kindle or Sapp. (All 2nd round players.)

Given the good fit that tate provides at the X reciever position and the fact that there are no alternatives available, it is conceivable that BB would think of taking Tate at #22.

David Tyree is a UFA. ;)

TO will be a Bengal by the end of the week.

Why anyone wants to bring in an old beaten down has been,done nothing lately like T.O. is my wonder.

What has he done in the last few years to think he is worth a sneeze at 37?

I am talking about now, WITH Moss, then transition into the young WR you draft this year. Brady doesn't have alot of time left. Enough of the Joey Galloway experiments BB, let's get real WR's in here. Drop the Josh Reed talk, please..............

Boldin would have been perfect, BB blew it..................Didn't want to part with a low R2 and ink this guy long term knowing Randy walks, give me a break BB ?

Boldin is an injury prone 30 year old. I don't agree that he is the answer.

We need
1) someone to replace Moss in 2011.
2) someone to replace Welker's production for 2010.
3) someone to backup Moss, fa x wr, and Edelman.

One of these positons can certainly be filled by a 1-year contract for a high-profile free agent.

We need at least TWO additions.

The only real answer at this point in time is Marshall. I will beat this drum until he signs elsewhere. The guy is 25, and already a top 3 WR in this league. I can't believe nobody here believes a change of scenery, and an established head coach could straighten him out.

Last edited:
The only real answer at this point in time is Marshall. I will beat this drum until he signs elsewhere. The guy is 25, and already a top 3 WR in this league. I can't believe nobody here believes a change of scenery, and an established head coach could straighten him out.

Exactly, we're in an uncapped year right now. We bite the bullet, eat the two high WR salaries of Moss and Marshall, bring home a Superbowl in 2010, let Moss walk and we have a happy and lovable Brandon Marshall who developes a great relationship with #12 and takes Tommy to his best years at the end of his career.

BB, let's get this done !

Exactly, we're in an uncapped year right now. We bite the bullet, eat the two high WR salaries of Moss and Marshall, bring home a Superbowl in 2010, let Moss walk and we have a happy and lovable Brandon Marshall who developes a great relationship with #12 and takes Tommy to his best years at the end of his career.

BB, let's get this done !

Another high-character guy. My goodness.

Before his last year in Den, Shanahan wanted to dump this guy. Now Josh. What does that tell you guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes