PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Worst Pats Defense since 1993

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funnily enough, the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad defense ended up being the unit that pulled us out of the game today.

Seriously, do we really need this thread? I feel like I've read it a million times this season already. Unless you have some new insight to offer, why bother?

Can't stand the constant negativity on this board.

He's a Jet fan.

Sellers you're a clown and Andy Johnson you need MENTAL help. As for being a Jets fan, its such a moronic simpleton argument you sound like a 4th grader. Of course, you're not as intelligent.

The defense sucks. This isn't really in question, except among a few ostriches. Where it ranks all time doesn't really matter.

What does matter is what's going to happen when/if the team faces the likes of Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees or even a return match with Roethlisberger.

What does matter is what's going to happen when/if the team faces the likes of Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees or even a return match with Roethlisberger.

Records will be broken

what's going to happen when/if the team faces the likes of Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees

There will be a lot of pissed off posters here crying about how bad the defense is even though the Pats are in the super bowl

This is a fun thread.

They put us IN that situation. I would hope that they would bail us out. Would have been nice if it had occurred before the red zone, though.
Turnovers at the goal line don't help.

The defense sucks. This isn't really in question, except among a few ostriches. Where it ranks all time doesn't really matter.

Thinking it more than our Secondary players' abilities.

I dont think Matt Patricia (DC) is really that good. Maybe we can get a real DC next year...

They'll either lose...or maybe they'll win. Regardless, this thread and similar ones started by Trolls like Darolyn server really no purpose then to agitate people. Its no secret that the defense is porous right now, we don't need it shoved down our throats and only a troll like Darolyn or Illegal Contact would continue to do so on a daily basis.

The way I see it, the crappy QBs are playing so well against this team, its not like good QBs could play much better.

If Belichick brought in defensive help like Capers or Crennel he would have to admit he's not omnipotent. Curran said it best no talent. Where are all the Jermaine Cunnigham guys. Deus love the Ostrich comment. Sums them all up.

Look what Patricia has done to McCourty.

Imagine how pathetic it is that we are waiting anxiously for Spikes and Chung like they are Bruschi and Harrison.

Can someone post the 2007-2011 defensive player drafts. Oh what the hell.

Meriweather
Kareem Brown
Wheatley
Crable
Wilhite
Butler
Cunningham
Brace
Pryor
Deadrick

I could name a lot more. How bout guys like Jeremy Mincey who are good now and the Pats cut. At this point I am Bob Kraft, I just lost my wife, I want one more title with Brady. I would FORCE Belichick to overhaul the coaching staff. Also, you have to ask whether Bob wants to get a good deal all the time.

Now we start to look at McCourty, Chung. Who would have thought Bobby Grier could pick better players than Belichick/Caserio. You got Mayo and MAYBE...Spikes and that's it.

Did you see Dashon Goldson with another pick. The Pats cheaped out on him over a million bucks. How much have they spent on all thse crap brought in all season.

Rodney Harrison @ 10:05 Eastern Time during SNF halftime:

"Brady is feeling the pressure because this is the worst Patriot's secondary in 10 years...."

Rodney Harrison @ 10:05 Eastern Time during SNF halftime:

"Brady is feeling the pressure because this is the worst Patriot's secondary in 10 years...."

Makes no sense. Brady gets mad after throwing an int and he is mad at the secondary?

Makes no sense. Brady gets mad after throwing an int and he is mad at the secondary?

It doesn't make any sense in the same sentence. If you seperate them I'm sure he's pissed about both though. ;)

The intimation is clear, there's too much pressure on Brady's shoulders given the varied challenges the defense faces on a weekly basis.

That said, the interception was on Brady and Underwood. When it counted, with the game on the line the defense bailed out the offense. It's sobering to think that the Patriots can play so poorly and score 27 points on offense and 7 points on defense away from home on a quagmire.

Last edited:
The intimation is clear, there's too much pressure on Brady's shoulders given the varied challenges the defense faces on a weekly basis.

That said, the interception was on Brady and Underwood. When it counted, with the game on the line the defense bailed out the offense. It's sobering to think that the Patriots can play so poorly and score 27 points on offense and 7 points on defense away from home on a quagmire.

I don't know what game you were watching, but it wasn't Patriots/Redskins if you thought the defense bailed out the offense.

I don't know what game you were watching, but it wasn't Patriots/Redskins if you thought the defense bailed out the offense.

game i saw was on channel 4 here in massachusetts ... some defensive player made an interception to seal the game. what did you see on your planet's programming?

They'll score almost every time they touch it, just like what we saw today.

The way I'm thinking now is I'm more scared to play a team with a great D than a great O, because all offenses will basically play the same against us. But if we play a team that can shut down Brady, we're done.

game i saw was on channel 4 here in massachusetts ... some defensive player made an interception to seal the game. what did you see on your planet's programming?

I saw a game where the Patriots put up 34 points and were lucky to win because the defense couldn't stop the Redskins from putting up points.

Then again, I saw the Redskins move the ball from their own 20 all the way down into the red zone, only to have Santana Moss first get called for offensive pass interference on a touchdown reception, and then bobble an easily catchable pass that was eventually intercepted by Jerod Mayo, thus avoiding another 4th quarter embarrassment for the Patriots defense.

Perhaps when you visit the planet Earth you can watch the same game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes