PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Worst Pats Defense since 1993

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robo i am convinced you are a 12 year old kid with Belichick Bobblehead unde r your pillow. You are to the Patriots like Rudy Ruettinger was to ND football. You never have any insight that is knowledgeable. You're a caricature of the blinded fan nothing more.

I am amazed to look at the box score and see the Pats D yielded only 7 points in the second half.

Bonzo no more bong hits. They scored 7 points because Brady had the ball the whole game. The Pats were one penalty from their most embarrassing loss of the season.

Colts and Saints gambled quite a bit and got lucky in play off.
Remember how Sean Payton onside kicked to start the 2nd half of SB game? Teams like that don't have high expectation winning games playing straight.

You better expect BB to pull some tricks in playoff to manufacture extra possessions (going on 4th downs and faking field goals) and hope the tricks work.

With same number of possessions, we can't beat GB. Their offense is more potent and their D generates pressure and TO; we sit back and wait for TO; when we played Ravens and Jets in playoff, these TO did not come; we lost; there is a big difference.

This team does not have the winning formula. It needs to get very very lucky to advance deep in playoff.

Nobody's fooling themselves about this defense. The debate is whether or not they can do "just enough" to win. That formula worked for the Colts and the Saints, no reason it can't work for the Pats this year with Brady at the helm.

Last edited:
Nice to see the regular negative nancies are all lathered up and posting after this game; and all in one thread to boot!

Bonzo no more bong hits. They scored 7 points because Brady had the ball the whole game. The Pats were one penalty from their most embarrassing loss of the season.

You are the one requesting facts correct? Ahaha

392779_247522205312408_146189222112374_704344_684247656_n.jpg

Bring it on delusional fan boys. You can't win it all with a bad defense. You want AFC East titles? Its like the Bruins when they used to hang Adams Division championship. And yes you need negativity on the board.

You want some insight FANBOY.

During this little run they have beat Tyler Palko, maybe the worst QB I have ever seen. Scott Secules you just got passed over.

Rex Grossman who is awful, and they made look good.

How did Dan Orlovsky do today? Did he have 7 incompletions and 3 TD's like last week. Is that insight?

Vince Young, 10 INT's in 3 starts.

They have also beat the awful Mark Sanchez twice, Jason Campbell and Chad Henne.

When are you blinded fanboys going to get the fact that this defense STINKS. And it shouldn't stink, it should be better. But the GENIUS has torrets syndrome and decided to draft injured players, bring in career overpaid bums and not cut starting safeties.

That's Dowling, Haynesworth, Sanders.

They could have had Jabaal Sheard, Brooks Reed. They have offensive players on defense.

Despite the pick, its only the brilliance of Brady that brings them where they are. So don't tell me about negativity and insight. They are winning because they have one of the most giftest QB's to ever play the game. And when its over a guy who should have won 4 Super Bowl's like Montana or maybe 5. Is going to have 3. It's like Bird winning 3. And why, well because the coach/GM has gone into a personnel COMA for 4 years. That's why.

You want debate fanboys, you better bring some facts besides calling me a Jets fan. Because I am as knowledgable a Patriot fan as there is on this board. I watch every play of the team, and I find the commentary below PAR. And I find it a pathetic shame, that they are going to fail again this year. A pathetic shame.

Don't worry guy, it sucks that we lost today I know, but maybe we'll pull a win out one of these days, then we can discuss this rationally and say 'well, our defense didn't perform well but we got a win let's hope they find some stuff to work on.'

But yeah, sucks about the big loss today so I can understand your rage.

When the lose 55-37 in the playoffs what will you say then. Or its more likely that a bum like Mark Sanchez beats them 28-21 like last year.

Funnily enough, the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad defense ended up being the unit that pulled us out of the game today.

Seriously, do we really need this thread? I feel like I've read it a million times this season already. Unless you have some new insight to offer, why bother?

Can't stand the constant negativity on this board.

They put us IN that situation. I would hope that they would bail us out. Would have been nice if it had occurred before the red zone, though.

When the lose 55-37 in the playoffs what will you say then. Or its more likely that a bum like Mark Sanchez beats them 28-21 like last year.

Love your optimism right there bud!

No one on this site thinks that the Pats have a good defense. Some think it is servicable (and it is at times) We all know that there is a good chance that the D will ultimately do us in. But the constant complaining and whining makes this place a tough place to visit. We are 10 -3. The freaking Arizona Cardinal were a play away from winning it all a couple yeasr ago and they were horrible. The Colts in 2006 had a lousy defense and they won it all. This team is plenty good enough to win it all (as they were last year) and who knows - the defense may make a few huge plays to lead us there. The parity in the League is also such that we can also lose in the first or second round. If you follow football and cannot accept that fact then continue to make yourself miserable. I am a huge UCONN Husky basketball fan and watched them put together one of the greatest runs in recent memory. They were nowhere close to the best team but so what. Enjoy the ride because we have no idea how long it will last and how much longer we will have "horrible" 10 -3 teams.

Worst since 93?

I have a hard time believing there was ever a worse Patriots defense.

Hell, I have a hard time believing there was ever a worse defense in the history of football

It is scary.....and embarrassing. Team desperately needs Patrick Chung to be healthy for the playoffs. No Chung no mas!

DDS, I agree with most of what you said here; anything can happen and we should not give up until it's done. However our odds of us winning would be much higher if the team just dafted/fiedled a few more defensive players correctly here and there.

Our defense is last in league and can't get off field; opposing offenses are always playing in our red zone. Even the worst offenses like Colts and Washington.

That is playing with fire; you can not survive that kind of pressure that your woeful defense put you into against teams like GB and NO.

No one on this site thinks that the Pats have a good defense. Some think it is servicable (and it is at times) We all know that there is a good chance that the D will ultimately do us in. But the constant complaining and whining makes this place a tough place to visit. We are 10 -3. The freaking Arizona Cardinal were a play away from winning it all a couple yeasr ago and they were horrible. The Colts in 2006 had a lousy defense and they won it all. This team is plenty good enough to win it all (as they were last year) and who knows - the defense may make a few huge plays to lead us there. The parity in the League is also such that we can also lose in the first or second round. If you follow football and cannot accept that fact then continue to make yourself miserable. I am a huge UCONN Husky basketball fan and watched them put together one of the greatest runs in recent memory. They were nowhere close to the best team but so what. Enjoy the ride because we have no idea how long it will last and how much longer we will have "horrible" 10 -3 teams.

Last edited:

Time of possession:
Washington - 36:09
New England - 23:51

But please continue to persevere on your quest for the Guinness Book of World Records for most times using the term "fanboy" in a single thread.

The 2002 defense was FAR worse. I forget which book, but BB has said that the poor run defense in 2002 was a case of robbing Peter to pay Paul. That team had no chance against either the run or pass, but decided to overload to stop the pass at the expense of the run D.

In the second half, Washington had the ball 4 possessions totaling 17:24.

NFL Game Center: New England Patriots at Washington Redskins - 2011 Week 14

Stop letting facts get in the way of a good argument. Brady had the ball 40 minutes of a 30 minute minute second half. He had it so long that they added 10 minutes onto the half.

I could believe you and the official time sheet kept by the NFL or I could believe a Jets fan posing as a Pats fan who is self proclaimed as knowledgable as anyone on this board and crusades against the "fanboys" on this board. I wonder who I should believe

Last edited:
You are to the Patriots like Rudy Ruettinger was to ND football. You never have any insight that is knowledgeable.

And you are to Patriots fans what Benedict Arnold was to the American Revolution, what Brutus was to Caesar, and what Judas was to J.C.

Except for the fact you never have been nor never will be a fan of the Patriots. You only come out from under that rock you live in to spew crap moments after either a loss or a close game, and are nowhere to be seen or heard from when the Pats play better than expected - or when the Jets lose. Coincidence? Especially with the Sanchez and Jets references so often seen in your other comments? No, I think not; I didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday, nor did most others here.

GFY Jets troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye