PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The worst crowd in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankiesfly

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
The new england patriots have the worst crowd in the nfl. What library were we playing in this week. Maybe if we had some spark, maybe our team would. I love john madden for making it a point at least 5 times during the game. It is so true, its pathetic

Last edited:
we know how to get loud..but we never stay like it..unless were playing a pefect game...were gonna need crowd to cheer even in the down moments. cant let up

frankiesfly said:
The new england patriots have the worst crowd in the nfl. What library were we playing in this week. Maybe if we had some spark, maybe our team would. I love john madden for making it a point at least 5 times during the game. It is so true, its pathetic

It's trolls like you that make this statement true.

Digger44 said:

Oh snap!

I have thought before that perhaps our typical crowd (the people at the Razor) has gotten a little spoiled after the Superbowls; it doesn't seem to take much to quiet them down, just a bad play or two. That's just what I see on TV realtive to other stadiums though, who knows.

It's several different things causing this: Past success, stadium layout, the corporate folk occupying a large share of seats, among other things. We might as well get used to it, instead of starting a new thread about this same topic every single week.

CheerforTom said:
Oh snap!

I have thought before that perhaps our typical crowd (the people at the Razor) has gotten a little spoiled after the Superbowls; it doesn't seem to take much to quiet them down, just a bad play or two. That's just what I see on TV realtive to other stadiums though, who knows.

Oh snap???? What the heck is that?

So the fans become spoiled, they quiet easy, and it seems quiet on tv means that Pats fans are the worst in the league. Yes I see the logic. my bad.

Digger44 said:
Oh snap???? What the heck is that?

It means you got him good!

And don't be silly, I certainly didn't say we have 'the worst fans in the league'. I just said it seems awful easy to quiet the faithful at Gillette. I've never been to a game, I live a jillion miles away, feel free to enlighten me if you're in a position to do so. Sarcasm helps no one.

Last edited:
It's stadium design, pure and simple.

Last edited:
CheerforTom said:
It means you got him good!

And don't be silly, I certainly didn't say we have 'the worst fans in the league'. I just said it seems awful easy to quiet the faithful at Gillette. I've never been to a game, I live a jillion miles away, feel free to enlighten me if you're in a position to do so. Sarcasm helps no one.

I know you didn't say we are the worst, but the troll did and your comment sided with the troll. Just don't criticise the fanbase at the razor when some of us are screaming our heads off for 60 full minutes, but the TV and the stadium doesn't help one bit. The Razor lets all the noise fly straight out and not onto the field. Sarcasm always helps somebody lol.

Tunescribe said:
It's stadium design, pure and simple.

Take the design of the stadium into consideration - then realize that our crowd is damn noisy, intelligent and faithful.

The majority has been there for about 10 years now and a large minority (like me) has been going to Pats games since the beginning. I have seen them play at every stadium and followed every up and down.

I have no problem with our crowd, when it really counts, they more than make up for the "quiet" design.

It can and does get VERY loud in there - but to keep it that way throughout a game would not be possible. We would have to literally yell our brains out to accomplish that.

We have a lot to be concerned with right now, Patriot fanaticism is not one.

frankiesfly said:
The new england patriots have the worst crowd in the nfl. What library were we playing in this week. Maybe if we had some spark, maybe our team would.

Uh puleeeeeze. I atttended this weeks Rams-Chiefs game in St. Louis and there were about 10,000 Chiefs fans in attendance in St. Louis b/c it's about a 4 hour drive. You would have thought that you were at Arrowhead because they were so loud and the Rams fans so quiet. Couple that with a quick 17-0 Chiefs (ex-Pat Damon Huard ran a pretty efficient offense mixing up the run and pass while Marc Bulger kept throwing at some guy wearing #24 for the Chiefs) and it got loud and I mena loud in the dome for the visitors.......
Just my $0.02,

Cuz John Madden said so is not a very good barometer, he still does not understand why Brady gets that parking spot, it seemed every time he commented about the noise was after a big Indy play. During the actual play the crowd noise was ok. I also agree with the stadium design thing.

Digger44 said:
If he is a troll, I tend to agree with him.

I agree, the fans have become pretty lame there. I was yelled at to sit down 3 times on Sunday night. This was while the Colts were in the red zone!!!!!!!
Can somebody explain that to me? Why do you go to the game if you are just going to be quiet and sit on your ass and complain about th cold? I doubt that happens in KC, Pitt, Cleveland, etc....

My bad, I apologize. I was stuck in Roanoke, VA over the weekend for business and couldn't make it to the game. It is good to know that my presence was missed. Talk about the butterfly effect! ;)

The crowd will never be able to overcome the (poor) acoustical aspects of the stadium on a sustained basis. But they/we are an easy target because of the lack of perceived noise and the intricacies of engineering for sound just doesn't cross most peoples' minds.

DividedSky said:
I agree, the fans have become pretty lame there. I was yelled at to sit down 3 times on Sunday night. This was while the Colts were in the red zone!!!!!!!
Can somebody explain that to me? Why do you go to the game if you are just going to be quiet and sit on your ass and complain about th cold? I doubt that happens in KC, Pitt, Cleveland, etc....

This is the problem, not the design. Its the corporate fans. Theyre located throughout, not just the Club Seats and luxury boxes. They have no idea what to do at a game. Tennessee has the exact same design and it works for them. Pitt is similar and its one of the loudest.

Krafty priced the real fan out, and it shows...right Quiggy?

Danny Boy® said:
This is the problem, not the design. Its the corporate fans. Theyre located throughout, not just the Club Seats and luxury boxes. They have no idea what to do at a game. Tennessee has the exact same design and it works for them. Pitt is similar and its one of the loudest.

Krafty priced the real fan out, and it shows...right Quiggy?

I don't know what section DividedSky was in, but in 227 where I was, everyone was up and yelling when Indy was in the red zone. All he has to do is tell those behind him to stuff it if he wants to stand and yell WHEN IT IS APPROPRIATE TO DO SO, which is when the other team has the ball. I have to think that the fans he's referring to are in a very small minority. I maintain that it definitely IS stadium design that has mitigated crowd noise, and spell it out in detail in another thread posted today. Check it out.

What the hell is with that funny "A" assed in my name?

dont blame the crowd its the footballthat makes the crowd

DividedSky said:

I am at every game and this happens every single time, I am always asked to sit down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back