Welcome to PatsFans.com

The world gangs up on us

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +353 / 15 / -12

Since Bush instituted his foreign policy, we've seen Iran, the Palestinians, Argentina, Bolivia, and Chile turn more anti-American. There's every reason to expect other countries will follow over time. When will the American people start to realize the policy of belligerence is not making us safer?

2. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh to relive the good old days when Iran and the Palestinians LOVED us. Good times, good times.

3. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +108 / 9 / -14

#37 Jersey

Hey trying telling that to Canada the place all your buddies ran to get married, guess what the people have elected a more American friendly leader, guess your argument sucks as usual.

4. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Patters is right. America's popularity in the world is going down, not up. Most observers, including conservative ones, attribute this to the policies of the Bush administration. Now you could make an argument that this is due to America making the right but unpopular decisions.
    However, it still remains the case that this Administration is incredibly unpopular in the rest of the world, at least comparitively, and I am referring to those countries where it would have natural allies such as mine. Where countries have elected pro- Bush leaders, it was generally in spite of him rather than because of him. Also bear in mind that these countries have a vested interest in keeping good trade and military links with the US, regardless of who is in power. Bush is incredibly unpopular in this country, in a way that no other President in my lifetime was (Reagan, Bush etc etc- I was too young to remember everyone before Reagan). Even the majority of the very right-wing Daily Mail's readers wanted Kerry to win the last election. That readership adores Thatcher and Reagan BTW.

5. Seymour93

Seymour93 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

As usual your thought provoking post is absolutely right. I'm sure Liberal scandals or Quebec separatism had nothing to do with Harper's victory. :rolleyes:

6. Turk

Turk Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

A Little Research / History

If your research went a bit further than today's pack of lies on FOX News you would discover that:
    Iran did once have a popular leader who was overthrown in a relatively bloody fashion with the aid of the good ole USA and oppression, torture, fasciscm supported by the US has resulted in this type of a backwards reaction.
    If you were to have ever stepped foot in a Palestinian refugee camp and witnessed what type of atrocities are being committed by the Israelis using our guns, our tanks, then you may begin to understand why there is such resentment towards us. Our policy of blindly supporting Israel (right or wrong) has done us no favors, hence the landslide victory by Hamas. Please do not take this paragraph out of context, I fully support the right of the state of Israel to exist, as a matter of fact, it was my ancestors that granted the Jews their land when it was under Ottoman rule. I do not condone terrorism in any way or fashion, not by Hammas and not by Israeli soldiers.
    We overthrew (or at least attempted to) popularly elected governments all over the world, participating in bloody coups and then went on to support bloody dictators for decades at a time, until they could or would no longer serve our needs. See Chile, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Egypt, the Phillipinnes, Venezuala and Cuba, to name a few.
    I have stated here in this forum, a very widely known fact many times, that Saddam initially went into Kuwait with our blessing, hell he did nothing without our blessing, for years and years. It was called defending his country's unity when he attacked Kurdish villages who had joined with his enemy, the Iranians, at the time. When the tide changed, we called it genocide.
    We gave him the title of "hero" right here in this country, we gave him the keys to the city of Detroit, right after he committed this "genocide".
    The feelings we are witnessing, including the European polls that view Bush as more of a threat to world peace than Bin Laden, are all re-actions.
    No baby is born with hate towards another. But if you wipe out my whole family, or help those who do, your expectation of my feelings towards you needs to be something other than love.
    Since it is Christianity that teaches to turn the other cheek, we are the true Muslims.
    We are reaping what we sow.
    I can only hope that American people have seen enough of the lies, deceit, and bloodshed and that with the next election, tide will turn.

Turk

Last edited: Jan 29, 2006
  7. Patters

Ratings:
    +353 / 15 / -12

Yes, I miss the Clinton years too, when our relationship with Iran was thawing and the Palestinians trusted us as an honest broker.

8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +818 / 2 / -9

When the heck (can't curse) have they ever been friendly to us, they have always hated us, they are Jealous of America so they want us destoryed or dragged down to their filthy level.

There is still human slavery and canabalism going on in certain parts of Africa but the worlds "Rat Liberals" spend all their time "Hating America" and pouring water on some poor whale that wants to be left alone to die, why don't you "knee jerkers" go to Africa and clean up that Cesspool.

Four of your "Anti War Pals Have Been Kidnapped By The Iraqi Head Hunters" the savages say they are going to behead them, these four butterfly chasers were WARNED over an over to stay out of Baghdad preaching their Anti American Crap, they chose to ignore the warning, now they may die, by the knife.

They thought if they "BASHED AMERICA" the savages would love them, they are now learning the hard way. Very Sad People these liberal sore losers.

9. Patters

Ratings:
    +353 / 15 / -12

Harry, you're setting up imaginary strawmen to tear down. You sound like a cartoon character with your bizarre oversimplifications.

10. patriotspride

patriotspride Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

lol lol lol

11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +818 / 2 / -9

No strawmen, it all came out of the worlds news media.

Canabalism -Africa
    Slavery -Africa
    Do-Gooders now awaiting possible death.

I didn't deram this up, CNN, CBS, NBC, PBS, they told me about it.

12. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +108 / 9 / -14

#37 Jersey

Put any liberal spin on it you want, but, facts are facts and Canada just elected a government that is more friendly to the evil US than the prior one.

13. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ah, I see. Blame America for any possible transgression done at ANY point in time in history.

AMERICA BAD!!! (Unless under Democratic leadership of course)

14. Turk

Turk Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Snappy comeback, there!
    Obviously a lot of thought and research has gone into your impressive answer!
    What a waste of time it has been with self-admitted 8th grade drop-outs, and those who see no need to look behind the headlines who cannot see why we are creating our own enemies. Of course, with a president who starts off with massacring the English language, expecting a little bit of depth from his suppporters is just as much of a waste. We are living through an administration of oversimplification and deceit.
    Good luck in your private hell where people are simply good or bad, black or white.

Turk

15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +818 / 2 / -9

When Clinton was the president he could have bombed the Vatican, declared war on the Salvation Army, and Nuked the American Boy Scouts and the Democrats would have given him a standing ovation, Barbara Striesand would have performed Oral Sex on him, live on CNN.

The New Liberal Democrats today are sore losing Bush haters who will put America in harms way just to destroy and crucify their own President.

Uncle Teddy Kennedy should be Chain Dragged behind a John Deere tractor.

16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Thanks for the refreshing, eye-opening view on politics, Boy. Where do you come up with all this new stuff all the time?

17. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +108 / 9 / -14

#37 Jersey

FACT: Paul Martin the Liberal PM was not re-elected
    FACT: Stephen Harper the CONSERVATIVE was elected

Spin it all you want but those are the facts.

18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

In a parliamentary system, he has about as much power without a majority in either house as our Senate Minority leader. His position is about effective as the carpetbagger Mitt

Last edited: Jan 29, 2006