PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The word "Blue Print"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriot Missile

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I keep reading about the dissapointing Super Bowl loss and how the Giants own the blue print on stopping the Pat's . Pretty much just throw everything including the entire kitchen sink and our offensive line will collapse. This will happen every time according to the so called experts.

The word blue print is a word I have grown to disdain. We've heard it thrown out there quite a few times towards the end of season. Particularly, Philly,Baltimore and NY all had one.

Is there such a thing anymore as having a good game and exploiting favorable matchups at just the right time? Maybe you were the right end of the play more times that day? I mean seriously, the Pats outscored their opponents 18 times last season and were outscored by 3 points in the final minute with some freakish plays that went the other way on that final drive.

I would associate a blue print with something that consistently stops a team in it's tracks. Therefore you pretty much dominate the game. I am looking forward to this season and seeing how this so called blu print works for other teams. I would venture to guess not so well and probably assume the first time Randy Moss goes for 200 yards +3 TD's, teams may ease off that approach of rushing 5,6,7,8 players.

Our offensive line was good enough to win us 18 games last season and all of a sudden they are a huge concern? From the sounds of it around here you would think they are as bad as the Houston Texans or Miami Dolphins. Sure we could use more depth. Every offensive line in the NFL could. I'm sure they could use 3 probowlers on their line too. Anyway it kind of irks me that our offensive line is associated with this stupid ass so called blue print. They are imo the best line in all of football.

If the Giants blue print is the best way to beat the Pats than I'm a happy camper because the other team has to got to get lucky and have freak plays go their way and execute mistake free football for 60 minutes every week. What a huge advantage for us. I am so stoked to seeing the Pat's success continue this season.

Last edited:
I keep reading about the dissapointing Super Bowl loss and how the Giants own the blue print on stopping the Pat's . Pretty much just throw everything including the entire kitchen sink and our offensive line will collapse. This will happen every time according to the so called experts.

The word blue print is a word I have grown to disdain. We've heard it thrown out there quite a few times towards the end of season. Particularly, Philly,Baltimore and NY all had one.

Is there such a thing anymore as having a good game and exploiting favorable matchups at just the right time? Maybe you were the right end of the play more times that day? I mean seriously, the Pats outscored their opponents 18 times last season and were outscored by 3 points in the final minute with some freakish plays that went the other way on that final drive.

I would associate a blue print with something that consistently stops a team in it's tracks. Therefore you pretty much dominate the game. I am looking forward to this season and seeing how this so called blu print works for other teams. I would venture to guess not so well and probably assume the first time Randy Moss goes for 200 yards +3 TD's, teams may ease off that approach of rushing 5,6,7,8 players.

Our offensive line was good enough to win us 18 games last season and all of a sudden they are a huge concern? From the sounds of it around here you would think they are as bad as the Houston Texans or Miami Dolphins. Sure we could use more depth. Every offensive line in the NFL could. I'm sure they could use 3 probowlers on their line too. Anyway it kind of irks me that our offensive line is associated with this stupid ass so called blue print. They are imo the best line in all of football.

If the Giants blue print is the best way to beat the Pats than I'm a happy camper because the other team has to got to get lucky and have freak plays go their way and execute mistake free football for 60 minutes every week. What a huge advantage for us. I am so stoked to seeing the Pat's success continue this season.

Believe it or not, our OL DOES have three probowlers on it. Light, Mankins and Koppen were all in the last probowl. But I agree with the rest of your post. :)

Sure we could use more depth. Every offensive line in the NFL could. "I'm sure they could use 3 probowlers on their line too." Anyway it kind of irks me that our offensive line is associated with this stupid ass so called blue print. They are imo the best line in all of football.

You missed the sarcasm between us needing depth and being selfish in the process since yes we did have 3 probowlers on the roster.

Sure we could use more depth. Every offensive line in the NFL could. "I'm sure they could use 3 probowlers on their line too." Anyway it kind of irks me that our offensive line is associated with this stupid ass so called blue print. They are imo the best line in all of football.

You missed the sarcasm between us needing depth and being selfish in the process since yes we did have 3 probowlers on the roster.

I'm still recovering from my hangover from last night. I'm a little slow today.
LOL! :p

I'm still recovering from my hangover from last night. I'm a little slow today.
LOL! :p

Tell me about it. Normally it takes some strong drinks or a 12 pack to give me a hangover. I drank 5 dark Mooseheads last night and they went straight to my head. I don't usually drink dark beer and don't think I will for awhile after this morning.

I agree with much of what you wrote, but I have to add one thing:

The word "Blue Print" is just that: a word. Blueprint. :)

Tell me about it. Normally it takes some strong drinks or a 12 pack to give me a hangover. I drank 5 dark Mooseheads last night and they went straight to my head. I don't usually drink dark beer and don't think I will for awhile after this morning.

One to many shots of Hennessy and Jack Daniels did me in last night. I don't usually drink like that, but I had a very bad week. I needed it, and I feel a lot better. :)

I agree, I'm tired of reading how the Giants have "given a blueprint" to the rest of the league of how to beat the Patriots, because I realize the rest of the article will be short on insightful analysis.

First, the concept that 'all you have to do is pressure Brady' is much easier said than done. The Giants - and congratulations to them for the win and an exceptional game - had the personnel that other teams don't, and executed particularly well on defense. There was a thread earlier this year that pointed out that the Giants actually got their pressure with very little blitzing. Most other teams will not be able to do the same thing unless they blitz. We have seen over the years that Brady is very adept at countering the blitz with his reads and quick release.

Second, these 'blueprint' experts are completely dismissing BB. Do they think the only thing he did in the off-season was go to a few Celtics games? I am very confident that he has worked on multiple plans that can counteract the 'rush everything but the kitchen sink' plan of attack. He has a history of giving opponents formations and game plans that are completely different from what they were expecting, from what was used in the last meeting or last week. I would not be surprised at all to see a completely different style of offense at certain times this season. For example, I can see the running backs being used differently; Maroney was not 100% till late in the year and Morris got knocked for the season.

Although I too am tired of reading about 'the blueprint to beat the Pats', I'm also very anxious for the season to start because I am extremely confident that the Pats have the personnel, and BB will have the proper game plan to overcome it on any given week. That should quiet all the 'blueprint experts'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes