Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will the winning QB this weekend win MVP This Year?

• Yes, the winner will be MVP

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • No, the Winner will not becessarily be MVP

Votes: 17 70.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildo7

Totally Full of It
Reaction score
It occurred to me that even though most of the mediots have Brady as NFL regular season MVP at this point, and although we all know that in the grand SB scene this game may mean HFA at most, the NFL regular season MVP will probably be decided on this game. If the Colts somehow win, I will still be very confident that we'll win the SB (they won't win don't worry) but the media will hop all over the Colts and will ignore Brady's stats in an effort to award Peyton with the NFL MVP award this year.

Last edited:
Re: The Winner of Colts V. Pats will be NFL MVP

no cuz there is a 1% chance the pats loose and Brady will be the MVP this year.

I agree with this, actually. I think this is the out the media-types are looking for. I don't think for a second they want Brady to win.

who cares about mvp's unless it is the sbmvp.

It would absolutely disgust me if this were to happen. Brady beat Manning in his MVP seasons and that didn't give him the award. It would be absurd but the sad thing is that I don't discount the possibility.

The only way Manning wins it this year is if the Colts go 16-0 in the regular season. I don't see how ANYONE could vote for Manning over Brady if Brady sets the record this year unless Manning leads his team to a 16-0 record.

Tom Brady is currently the MVP by a HUGE margin based only on his on the field accomplishments.

If the voting were held today he would win unanimously.

While this would be true in most years, he is bolstered this year by several factors:

1. After Tom, NOBODY is having a really exceptional year.

Randy Moss would be up there if he weren't getting fed by Tom Brady (and his performance is slipping now that he is being double covered anyway).

Adrian Peterson is having a great year, but offensive rookies of the year don't often (ever?) win the award.

Nobody else even deserves special mention.

Peyton Manning is having a sub par year. Many voters would put Big Ben, Tony Romo or Brett Favre ahead of him. I think he's still the second best QB in the league, but I might put Reggie Wayne ahead of him.

2. Tom is "overdue" for the award. In a normal situation this would merely help his candidacy, but Tom's new receiver indicate to many that his performance in past years has been badly hampered by poor receivers. Since his performance has been under recognized in the past, there will be a tendency to over recognize it now. Bad Feelings towards the Patriots will play a role, but a minor one in comparison to the feeling that he is overdue.

The only way Manning wins it this year is if the Colts go 16-0 in the regular season. I don't see how ANYONE could vote for Manning over Brady if Brady sets the record this year unless Manning leads his team to a 16-0 record.

If the Colts go 16-0 it still won't be enough to get the award for Peyton unless both he and Tom dramatically change their performance on the field (in opposite directions) during the second half of the season.

Unfortunately, I suspect that if the Patriots go 16-0, BB will still miss out on his coach of the year award (albeit by a much smaller margin than Peyton would lose MVP).

entire teams cannot win the mvp award.

It's usually just one player

unless there's some rule change this year that i'm not aware of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes