Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Wideouts

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Slagathor, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Slagathor

Slagathor Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +18 / 1 / -0

#22 Jersey

I'm not gonna break any new ground with this post, but I'm sitting here watching the Rams/Colts game while reading an article about Reche Caldwell.

I'm thinking to myself, Branch comes back, Caldwell finally blossoms into the quality receiver he's supposed to be, Jackson finally starts practicing and becomes David Givens at worst, Troy stays his reliable self and one of the young FA receivers breaks into the squad.......we should have a decent receiving corp.

Although the position looks thin, none of its ills are incurable or un-correctable.

Am I wrong about this? I haven't had a sip of the Kool-Aid in a while so I'm thinking I might be rational here. Scary!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2006
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

I'm basically with you except Caldwell is the one I'd compare to Givens. And while I'm hoping that Jackson is doing well in meetings and the filmroom right now, the reality is that it's getting harder to count on too much from him this year.

I think we're looking at Dickweed and Caldwell as the starters with Brown at #3 and Jackson working to define himself a role then Jackson and Caldwell as the starters next year after Dickweed leaves.

3. Slagathor

Slagathor Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +18 / 1 / -0

#22 Jersey

With regards to Jackson, I have a feeling he'll be back sooner than folks think.

I've far from given up on him as a valuable contributor this season.

It could be wishful thinking on my part and mostly me dying to see what this guy is capable of.

But either way, I don't see him as being a total loss this year.

Although it's par for the course, I don't see a sense of urgency on the part of the braintrust regarding the position (nor LB for that matter.)

I hope this is one of the few times I'm right.

4. patsox23

patsox23 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

it's not at all inconceivable, but that's a lot of ifs. I think they're definitely "do-able" ifs, but still. My hope is that they get Branch signed, sealed, delivered ASAP. That'd be a good start.