PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The "WHAM, BAM, THANK YOU MA'AM," Backfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
My suggestion for the runningback nickname: THE "WHAM, BAM, THANK YOU MA'AM" BACKFIELD. WHAM describes Corey Dillon; BAM is a tribute to Maroney's #39, Sam "Bam" Cunningham's former number; and "Thank you, Ma'am,"- well, we all know what that means, this time applied to the opposition.;)

Last edited:
"Thank you, Ma'am" doesn't apply to teams who've been Faulked? :confused:

Maybe all this talk about nicknaming our runnning back tandem is bad luck. We all know how the Giants' Thunder and Lightning worked out.:eek:

Yeah, I hear ya. I give up...:bricks:

Somehow the nickname you came up with sounds inappropriate for Dillon and Maroney...

BTW I'll agree Ron Dayne was a terrible bust but I've been watching Giants games lately (mainly because I have Eli Manning in my FF league) and their second RB looks like the real deal... what was his name again, oh yeah Brandon Jacobs. Big boy at 264 and he is a load to tackle for the defense. The Gints have a good blend of power and elusivness now.

I think this year will be known as the year of the RB tandems. I mean just look around the league.

Dillon/Maroney
Deuce/Bush
Barber/Jacobs
Bell/Bell
Dunn/Norwood
Tomlinson/Turner

Well let's just say it seems to be catching on. Curse you Mike Shanahan. Look at what you started!

It's too bad we don't have San Diego's tandem. They have an easy nickname. TnT. They're dynamite. TnT. They're out of sight. :p Not to mention I like that song.

VJCPatriot said:
Dillon/Maroney
Deuce/Bush
Barber/Jacobs
Bell/Bell
Dunn/Norwood
Tomlinson/Turner

Add Vick/Dunn from Falcons to that list.

Kool-Aid & Powerade is best....LOMO says he likes Kool-Aid anyways...not sure who posted it but it was in the list & I like it.

I wonder if, when they lost Duckett, they just dropped a "D" off of their old nickname of "DVD".

On second thought, maybe not. "VD" kinda sends the wrong message... or with Mike Vick, maybe it's actually the right message. Oh, Ron Mexico...

ronmexicohitithiti.jpg

edgecy said:

As well as Foster/Williams from the Panthers

The LO-CO-MO-TIVE... Sorry, I couldn't resist...:eek: And then there's "Straight, no chaser"... I'll shoot myself right now.

Last edited:
F.B.N. said:
Kool-Aid & Powerade is best....

Nothing i've read has rung my bell ... including my own yank on the rope.
Until now.

Kool-Aid is the nick that Maroney PREFERS.
Powerade makes marvelous symmetry.

(PonyX's Lo-Co-Mo-tive, later, isn't bad either.)

I still like DillaRony better.

Maybe if we have to try this hard, they just shouldn't have a nick name. The best nick names just kind of happen. We can't force these things.

How about the Twin Blades. You know, Twin Blades at the Razor. They'll carve up your defense.

They don't always get lots of yards per carry but they keep you from focusing on our receiving core. They are our "New England Nuisance". !! Stuff like "Thunder and Lightning" is too presumptuous for me anyway.

They run, they block, they catch passes, they are the................................
................................"NEW ENGLAND NUISANCE" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Weather you like it or not, you have to watch them. ;)

How about Shred and Dread? Corey shreds 'em up, then all they see is LoMo's 'locks from behind.

wrangler said:
They don't always get lots of yards per carry but they keep you from focusing on our receiving core. They are our "New England Nuisance". !! Stuff like "Thunder and Lightning" is too presumptuous for me anyway.

They run, they block, they catch passes, they are the................................
................................"NEW ENGLAND NUISANCE" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Weather you like it or not, you have to watch them. ;)

Sounds more like a lawsuit waiting to happen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back