PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Weekly Scar Is A Genius Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Thomas and McDonald didn't allow a sack, and were part of one the best offensive shows in awhile. And to think that both were longshots to make the 53 man roster a couple of weeks before the roster was announced.

Pass protection was fine. McDonald seemed to have big issues when trying to run-block, though.

Full marks for Brady having time to throw and not getting sacked though some of that goes to an impressive job done by Brady getting some impressive throws off. That said the run blocking was awful at times. Ridley was getting hit as he took the ball from Brady on more then one occasion and had to work hard just to make something out of nothing. I hope at least one of Mankins/Connelly is ready to go Thurs night

Given the performance of the no names in the pre-season, Dante's coaching job has been nothing short of spectacular. I'm sure he's a treasured employee at Foxboro. His unit is consistently one of the best in the NFL year in year out.

can't ask for better pass blocking, run blocking on the other hand shows how valuable Mankins is to this team.

I was not impressed by the run blocking of Thomas or McDonald today. Both got blown up on several occasions, resulting in Ridley being hit in the backfield.

I am really starting to believe that Donald Thomas is a genuine starting NFL guard,every game he has played in has been better than his last game.

He does have problems in providing run support,but protecting Brady is first and foremost.

Last edited:
middle pressure was more of a problem than the edge rushes from Freeney I thought...the line got outmuscled a number of times until late when the Colts lost that Cory whazisname in the middle...

Scar is a genius, thought the run blocking suffered, but Brady stayed upright..

Freeney and Mathis have always given us problems, and they were a force, but less of a force than usual.

I think the line held up in the passing game but couldn't open up mcuh in the running game.

A small negative in a otherwise dominant performance.

I think the line held up in the passing game but couldn't open up mcuh in the running game.

A small negative in a otherwise dominant performance.

At least the Pats still attempted to run the ball, even if it wasn't always successful. That helps the passing game.

I was surprised at how well Indy ran the ball against us.

Is Scar a genius? Consider this piece of history: the 1992 Patriots were horrible, one of the worst teams in modern NFL history. Winless after nine games many were openly predicting that the Pats would be the first team to ever go 0-16. The entire franchise was in turmoil, with owner James Busch Orthwein wanting to move the team to St. Louis and openly berating the GM and the entire team. The first two quarterbacks were on injured reserve. Head coach **** McPherson was in the hospital recovering from surgery.

Scarnecchia took over as interim head coach with 3rd stringer Scott Zolak making his first NFL start at QB - and won.

Blows me away that he's been here since 1982. Does anyone know why he left from 89-90?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes