PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The week after a Brady 4 INT game shows his greatness

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
A true measure of greatness in a QB is his ability to bounce back strong after a bad showing like a 4 INT performance and in the past history of Brady's career there is good indication he will be playing well next week.

Here is history of Brady after a 4 INT game which he is not a stranger to,in fact he has had 6 games in his career with 4 INTs including yesterday.

3 of those years he had taken his team to a Super Bowl championship

THE FOLLOWING ARE THE NEXT GAME AFTER BRADY HAS A 4 INT GAME....

2001- Win 24-10 Brady 21-31 250 yards 3 TDs 0 INTs

2003- Win 31-10 Brady 30-44 255 yards. 3 TDs 0 INTs

2004- Win 23-7 Brady 21-32 264 yards. 2 TDs 0 INTs

2005- Win 16-3 Brady 27-37 271 yards 0 TDs 0 INTs

2006- Loss 17-14 Brady 24-36 253 yards 1 TD 1 INT

2011- ??? TBD

That makes it 4-1 record with 9 Touchdowns and only 1 INT after a performance like yesterday which he hasn't done in 5 years so give Brady a break here and if this trend continues I expect a performance similar to those above and hopefully a victory in Oakland.

One thing to note is the only INT and game loss after a Brady 4 INT game was that 17-14 loss at Gillette under deplorable muddy and rainy conditions....it probably won't be muddy or rainy in Oakland on sunday :)

Great stuff. Let's wait until next week before people start jumping off cliffs.

You know what, I have confidence that Brady will not throw 4 picks in a game again this season. I have ZERO confidence in this defense going forward, and that's a damn shame. Our offense has to dominate for us to win games.

You know what, I have confidence that Brady will not throw 4 picks in a game again this season. I have ZERO confidence in this defense going forward, and that's a damn shame. Our offense has to dominate for us to win games.

You will need more than Brady and a bad defense to win games like last year,you are going to need another mind boggling + turnover ratio like last year which covered up an ugly defense.

Many have IGNORED the fact that other teams made mistakes all last year against the Pats,almost as if they were in awe of the Pats and did dumb nervous things like coughing up the ball or throwing INTs,How many of those were forced by last years Pats D?....I don't have count but a good portion of those teams beat themselves like Miami and San Diego and their dreaded STs for example....the defense definately had some makeup on after a 14-2 record and then the makeup came off in the playoffs.

If you play smart offensive turnover-free football and your defense puts a hand in Brady's face all game you will beat the current version of the New England Patriots 80 out of 100 times.

Last edited:
You will need more than Brady and a bad defense to win games like last year,you are going to need another mind boggling + turnover ratio like last year which covered up an ugly defense.

Many have IGNORED the fact that other teams made mistakes all last year against the Pats,almost as if they were in awe of the Pats and did dumb nervous things like coughing up the ball or throwing INTs,How many of those were forced by last years Pats D?....I don't have count but a good portion of those teams beat themselves like Miami and San Diego and their dreaded STs for example....the defense definately had some makeup on after a 14-2 record and then the makeup came off in the playoffs.

If you play smart offensive turnover-free football and your defense puts a hand in Brady's face all game you will beat the current version of the New England Patriots 80 out of 100 times.

As far as putting a hand in the QB's face ....Pats Defense evidently doesn't know how to do that.....they are more intent on getting to the QB so they can get a flag for roughing the passer as they wrap up the QB in picture perfect form tackling....with the Pat's luck...they would have their hand in the QB's face and get called for a phantom penalty.....The only time I remember a defender getting to Fitzy yesterday, Love got a bogus flag....Mayo was seen hands down rushing Fitzy instead of getting his hands up......WHO is coaching these guys anywho??? :confused: :confused:

As far as putting a hand in the QB's face ....Pats Defense evidently doesn't know how to do that.....they are more intent on getting to the QB so they can get a flag for roughing the passer as they wrap up the QB in picture perfect form tackling....with the Pat's luck...they would have their hand in the QB's face and get called for a phantom penalty.....The only time I remember a defender getting to Fitzy yesterday, Love got a bogus flag....Mayo was seen hands down rushing Fitzy instead of getting his hands up......WHO is coaching these guys anywho??? :confused: :confused:

When Andre Carter got that $15K fine you know it has to be in his head and may be hesitating getting into the QB again in fear another fine could come.

I think these frequent fines will hurt teams even more who have an anemic pass rush like NE...When you have a Defensive end that actually touches the QB and gets fined,they think twice next time....its sad.

Hopefully this means Brady got his worst performance of the year out of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back