PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Weather Thread: Broncos Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
the wind is a double edged sword. BB must make the correct choice to take the wind. The question is, would you want it for the 2nd and 4th quarters or the 1st and 3rd? Myself, I want it 2nd and 4th.

Brady is pretty much wind proof. As example, last year's Denver game in the regular season and that blizzard in Chicago. Where I think the wind will affect the Pats is the kicking game. Punts and field goals could be seriously affected.

the wind is a double edged sword. BB must make the correct choice to take the wind. The question is, would you want it for the 2nd and 4th quarters or the 1st and 3rd? Myself, I want it 2nd and 4th.

I remember when many here seemed to be happy about the wind prior to the 2012 AFCCG loss at home to the Ravens.

In the end, it benefited BAL much more than NE, as the Pats had the ball inside of FG range a whopping SEVEN times, and yet only came away with a measly 13 points.

In this case, I understand the logic due to Manning's struggles--but yes, it's still a double edged sword of sorts.

I think some people are overestimating the impact the weather will have in this game.

I think some people are overestimating the impact the weather will have in this game.

I get your point to an extent but Peyton's wobbly passes are impacted by the wind. He doesn't have Brady lasers and throwing those wobbly high arching ducks in gusty conditions will hopefully present some extra INT opportunities for our elite secondary

Brady is pretty much wind proof. As example, last year's Denver game in the regular season and that blizzard in Chicago. Where I think the wind will affect the Pats is the kicking game. Punts and field goals could be seriously affected.

Ghost always kicks with authority whether its a chip shot or a 40 yrds.Punts, probably when kicking but especially receiving.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 16m 16 minutes ago
Patriot-ordered weather for Sunday: 30-40mph gusts at Gillette. low to mid 40s, will feel like 32. Should be dry, STRONG CHANCE OF FLAG THROWING, via @LeeGoldbergABC7.

d91.gif

Fixed!

Now looks like weather won't be much of a factor....winds 10-12 mph, no precip, low 40s at kick dipping below 40 to high 30s by end of game...****e

Now looks like weather won't be much of a factor....winds 10-12 mph, no precip, low 40s at kick dipping below 40 to high 30s by end of game...****e

This post is a perfect example of why BB went off on that question about the weather yesterday.

If you're counting on the weather to give you a chance to win, you've already lost.

The forecast at weather.com calls for winds 15-18 throughout, temperature in the upper 30s and windchill temps in the 20s. It's still going to be pretty raw out there.

The forecast at weather.com calls for winds 15-18 throughout, temperature in the upper 30s and windchill temps in the 20s. It's still going to be pretty raw out there.
compared to what?

DEN might have been playing in NE a month from now instead with much worse weather. IMHO, DEN lucked out with regard to scheduling and weather.

compared to what?

DEN might have been playing in NE a month from now instead with much worse weather. IMHO, DEN lucked out with regard to scheduling and weather.

They won't make the game that late again. Right before the bye..mid season is perfect for this matchup IMO. Can set the tone for the team for rest of year if they win

It's been 60-70 degrees all week here in Denver, Broncos practice outside about 3 miles from my house. It will be cooler than what they have experienced so far this season but I'm not convinced it is as much a factor as folks would like to believe.

Last edited:
From weather.com, http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/02035?pagenum=3&nextbeginIndex=24

4 PM: 40 but feels like 31. Precipitation 20%. Wind 18 mph

5 PM: 38 but feels like 29. Precipitation 10%. Wind 16 mph.

6 PM: 37 but feels like 28. Precipitation 10%. Wind 15 mph.

7 PM: 36 but feels like 27. Precipitation 10%. Wind 15 mph.

So it looks like it'll be fairly cold, but the strong winds from earlier in the day will die down during the game. <18 mph wind won't be significant.

However, this website: http://www.findlocalweather.com/pinpoint/us/ma/gillette stadium/current18033.html

Sunday...Cloudy. A chance of rain and snow likely in the morning. Blustery with highs in the lower 40s. Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 45 mph. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

Sunday Night...Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 20s. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph. Gusts up to 40 mph...Decreasing to 30 mph after midnight.

I get your point to an extent but Peyton's wobbly passes are impacted by the wind. He doesn't have Brady lasers and throwing those wobbly high arching ducks in gusty conditions will hopefully present some extra INT opportunities for our elite secondary

20 MPH wind is not that bad.

It's been 60-70 degrees all week here in Denver, Broncos practice outside about 3 miles from my house. It will be cooler than what they have experienced so far this season but I'm not convinced it is as much a factor as folks would like to believe.

Especially if we can't stop the run. They may not air it out as much, but will try to pound the rock with ronnie hillman.

From NOAA
Sunday Night Mostly cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 28. Northwest wind 8 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph.

I remain hopeful of a feast of waterfowl.

Especially if we can't stop the run. They may not air it out as much, but will try to pound the rock with ronnie hillman.

He has a shoulder injury...limited this week..wonder if it will limit him at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back