PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Weather Thread: Broncos Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forecast now showing 30% chance of snow and 24 mph winds. But it looks like it will be mostly in the AM. Hopefully the wind sticks around for most of the day.

Tidbit from Reiss:

Peyton Manning has an 8-11 record with nearly as many interceptions as touchdown passes when the temperature at kickoff is under 40 degrees, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

I'm torn on this windy thing. Part of me doesn't want this to be an excuse by Broncos fans and the media why the Pats beat them if they win, but part of me wants the media ball washing of Manning to go back to whether he can win in cold weather.

I'm torn on this windy thing. Part of me doesn't want this to be an excuse by Broncos fans and the media why the Pats beat them if they win, but part of me wants the media ball washing of Manning to go back to whether he can win in cold weather.

Who cares what the media says or what excuses Broncos fans will have? If Pats win, there's a chance they'll have to make the exact same excuses in January when they play, and lose, in Foxboro for the 2nd time this season.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 16m 16 minutes ago
Patriot-ordered weather for Sunday: 30-40mph gusts at Gillette. low to mid 40s, will feel like 32. Should be dry, via @LeeGoldbergABC7.

d91.gif

This is awesome. Ye wont be able to throw it deep. Not with those floaters. It will stay up in the air..run D HAS to step up

I would like the weather to be perfect. Good practice against Manning at his best. We will be meeting again anyway under who knows what kind of conditions.

Oh, man. Peyton in the elements is hilarious. If this weather forecast stands, just imagine what our DB's are going to do with Peyton ducks thrown through gusty autumn winds. lol.

Who cares? This game is about the #1 seed and the play offs. Nobody cares what Bronco fans say because they're a flash in the pan. They'll soon be joining the ranks of Indy, Pittsburgh, Baltimore and everyone else as our former conference rival. Let them cry all they want. It's no different in Mile High where people can't breath and balls are known to float high because of the thin air.

A little wind isn't an excuse. If a breeze is a valid excuse for a Peyton loss, let's just stop calling him a great quarterback. That would be absolutely pathetic, and basically admitting that a nice, soothing autumn wind is enough to make their quarterback crumble. lol

Brownie points count for nothing. And anyway, both QBs are subject to the same conditions. When we play in mile high, we are subject to their elevation. Besides, IMO Peyton should be able to play in these conditions to be considered such a great QB. If he can't play when the going gets tough, *shrug*, maybe he's not so great.

I would like the weather to be perfect. Good practice against Manning at his best. We will be meeting again anyway under who knows what kind of conditions.

Winning this game makes it more likely that those conditions will be Foxboro in January.

Per Cindy Fitzgibbon - kickoff temp 39, down to 36 by 4th, will feel like high 20s w wind chill....

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
The league announced new rule today. If weather conditions are deemed to potentially to negatively affect Manning's throwing, the opposing QB must throw all passes with his bad hand. Penalty is a loss of downs.

Peyton Manning's kryptonite:

Slight breezes.
Chilly football weather.
The end of October.
Adversity.
Defenses that know how to play football.
Big games.

Odd list of weaknesses for an alleged football God.

the wind is a double edged sword. BB must make the correct choice to take the wind. The question is, would you want it for the 2nd and 4th quarters or the 1st and 3rd? Myself, I want it 2nd and 4th.

the wind is a double edged sword. BB must make the correct choice to take the wind. The question is, would you want it for the 2nd and 4th quarters or the 1st and 3rd? Myself, I want it 2nd and 4th.

Hmm. I think I might rather take the wind in the 1st and 3rd and aim to play with a lead which, wind or no wind, Peyton will surely wilt and crumble before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back