PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Weather Thread: Broncos Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does everyone forget that Manning plays in Denver now? I would think he is used to the cold and the white stuff by now. Our defense? That's something he never seems to get used to. :)

Does everyone forget that Manning plays in Denver now? I would think he is used to the cold and the white stuff by now. Our defense? That's something he never seems to get used to. :)

I've mentioned this in the past: my observation is that Denver doesn't always get the real cold in November and December that we do. The forecast for this week has high in upper 60s to 70s. That Jan 2013 Baltimore Division game in the bitter cold — IIRC, that was one very frigid day sent in by the football gods in the midst of a very mild stretch. (Yup; check out the temp chart at the bottom of this page.)

What? Denver doesn't usually get cold weather. Even in January. That Ravens game a couple of years ago was an anomaly.

the uglier the weather, the more mannings ducks will wobble and be off target

Denver doesn't really get that cold or snowy..at least since he's been there...the afc champ game it was like 50 out..some winter

It is still a while out. Many maps from GFS, GEFS, Euro models have been trending 5 to 1 ratio snows and QPF of over an inch. Things will change, but it could be a snowy one. It will be cold and windy. I hope they move the game to 8pm. Reason for it to be colder and also so I could go and get my number to get COD after 12am.

Manning playing in bad weather conditions is like watching the cliffsnotes for every Jets season.

I might need to invest in an indian headress and drums for an indian snow dance ritual. I'll need a burning permit for my bonfire, too. We should make sure we have all our bases covered. Anyone know any voodoo? #WhateverItTakes

I live in Denver, the common misperception here is that it is cold and snowy, FYI it was 83 degrees Saturday, little cooler today, 40, end of week 70. We get over 300 days of sunshine a year. we do get snow, we do get some days of 0 degrees or even colder but one thing, it is not wet, no humidity at all. It isn't uncommon to see 50 degrees in December and January, Ive seen 70 in Feb. Weather is awesome here, totally dig it. Snow doesn't last long, maybe a few days on average. One of the reason I wont move back to the east coast.

I think the prevailing concept that the cold is Manning's kryptonite is vastly overrated. But what is a huge advantage for the Pats is when its WINDY (over 20mph) It's the wind that really is his weakness. We saw it a little bit in the game here. THAT was a windy night and the Pats played it perfectly (when they weren't coughing up the ball)

When its windy, it a lot easier to defend Denver. Since Manning no longer has the arm to drive the ball through the wind, you can squeeze the short and intermediate zones and literally suffocate their offense. More than any other offense in the league, Denver lives by the dink and dunk. Short passes that allows for YAC for its big gains. Now on a windless day, Manning still can hurt you deep and has the weapons to THREATEN it, so teams have to respect it. On Windy days, his flutter balls aren't nearly as accurate and the wind is an excellent defense against the deep passing game.

OTOH, Brady consistently throws beautiful spirals and has the arm strength to drive the ball through the wind. (one of the reasons he's the best bad weather QB in NFL history). So don't pray for cold or even snow. Pray to the Gods of the wind.

Now as I state the weather here I walk outside to see it is 38 degrees and snow flurries LMAO...sunny and 60 tomorrow.

FYI I did see the broncos outside practicing today, their facility is only a couple miles from me. Want me to film them...ha ha ha ha

When its windy, it a lot easier to defend Denver. Since Manning no longer has the arm to drive the ball through the wind, you can squeeze the short and intermediate zones and literally suffocate their offense. More than any other offense in the league, Denver lives by the dink and dunk. Short passes that allows for YAC for its big gains. Now on a windless day, Manning still can hurt you deep and has the weapons to THREATEN it, so teams have to respect it. On Windy days, his flutter balls aren't nearly as accurate and the wind is an excellent defense against the deep passing game.

Pray to the Gods of the wind.

And it is interesting that Im pretty sure that sports authority field was built in the same direction of the old mile high, it does help avoid wind since it blocks the mountains. it runs north/south parallel to the front range mountains. The south end is open with stands.

Had a luncheon and got a chance to speak with Joe Ellis for a bit, would have been a cool question to ask him.

Very early report is mid-30's.

Rain and wind shifting a bit later — into the heart of the game ...

Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 12.19.20 PM.png

Strong biting winds expected from the Easley.......

Windying with some rain and snow. Perfect pats weather. Horrible manning weather

So local weather saying no precipt sunday. Others saying yes

Right now it's looking like mid 30s with rain and 19 mph winds.

Burns-excellent.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back