PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The weather Sunday -- Charger advantage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamplay

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Temps in the low teens and winds from 20-35 mph is what I'm hearing.

Normally, this would be to NE's advantage. But in this matchup I can't see how it doesn't hurt Brady and the passing game, and therefore will have an equalizing effect.

I keep hearing SD will fold in the cold, but I see the weather potentially taking away the Patriots biggest advantage. (See Ravens game)

This could end up being a trench-and-running game, where SD matchs up very well with NE.

Curious what others are thinking...

The cold I'm not so much worried about but I'd like to see the wind numbers go down. wind won't affect the short passing game much but it could affect how the long ball is defended if they try it a few times and it goes floating away

you might have heard these weather stats a day ago, but they've since changed

the wind isn't going to be a factor apparently, but it will still be cold

This has been addressed in a bazillion other threads.

The wind is looking like a factor but not an impenetrable one.
We've played more wind games than they have.
Brady has a better wind arm (read : stronger) than Rivers.
The Chargers go downfield more than we do with our shorter passes.
Maroney is running great right now and the Chargers can't just run, run, run.

It'll be OK.

We're doomed. No sense in even playing the game. The San Diego Classies are just too good.

"Wear not playing against the weather, we are playing against the Chargers."

"Dress warm"

"Cold is the opposite of hot"

- Coach Hoodie

It'll only be a disadvantage if San Diego's offense is playing in a dome.

The Jags were built to beat us and they are apparently the best cold weather team. How'd that work out? And yes, I realize it's going to be colder than last week.

Geesh, this board was ecstatic Sunday night because we got the Chargers instead of the Colts. As the week has progressed everyone has talked themselves into a frenzy of fear.

I find it very hard to see how a very warm weather team has any advantage playing in conditions they have never played in, also in a hostile enviorment.

It is to our advantage.

I think that is very clear. It still does not guarantee a win, but yeh, it is our advantage.

LT, sore, how does it feel in the cold??? Rivers, sore, how does it feel in the cold??

My only concern is our defense. They need to step up.

Geesh, this board was ecstatic Sunday night because we got the Chargers instead of the Colts. As the week has progressed everyone has talked themselves into a frenzy of fear.

dude, we're sports fans.....in Boston......on the Internet.....

dude, we're sports fans.....in Boston......on the Internet.....

I know, we just can't ever break the mentality. Funny, we act like our usual panicky selves and get criticized. We act positive, we're ****y. Just can't win.

Temps in the low teens and winds from 20-35 mph is what I'm hearing.

Normally, this would be to NE's advantage. But in this matchup I can't see how it doesn't hurt Brady and the passing game, and therefore will have an equalizing effect.

I keep hearing SD will fold in the cold, but I see the weather potentially taking away the Patriots biggest advantage. (See Ravens game)

This could end up being a trench-and-running game, where SD matchs up very well with NE.

Curious what others are thinking...

I'm thinking exactly what you're thinking. Note to others: this is not the same thing as saying we're doomed, it's just saying we may lose one of our biggest advantages, the advantage of our superior passing game.

I'm thinking exactly what you're thinking. Note to others: this is not the same thing as saying we're doomed, it's just saying we may lose one of our biggest advantages, the advantage of our superior passing game.

Geez, nice to have someone actually respond to my post and not just go off. It would be bitter irony if what breaks up a perfect season is "home field disadvantage." That was my point. The safest road to the SB is Brady & Co attacking the whole field; I'd hate to see the frigging weather screw that up.

And, by the way, the temp and winds were as of Accuweather.com - Thursday afternoon at time of original post.

Best to all!

OK with a 20 MPH it gives Brady an advantage over Rivers/Billy. Brady has the better arm and is more accurate. He's played in those conditions this year a few times already.

It will probably be in Rivers/Billy's head having not played in those conditions this year.

Weather.com shows 22 mph wind during the day and 14mph at night.

Game starts at 3.

Ravens game was 27 MPH at the start.

This may make passing very tough.

It does worry me a bit, that is for sure.

Over-done topic!:bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye