Welcome to PatsFans.com

The way to treat sex offenders...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Mar 25, 2008.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

From that fair and balanced network, found the following interesting.. maybe this would work for our diddler crew.. I also favor a red tattoo on the forehead, claiming "I diddle"... sure no sex offender would ever apply for parole.. although there are only two kids named in the charges, betcha he had his slimy fingers on about 200 hundred during his illustrious life.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,341268,00.html

HUDSON, Kan. — Under a judge's order, a man who has admitted molesting a boy has posted signs around his house and a decal on his car proclaiming that he is a sex offender.

The hand-painted signs reading "A Sex Offender Lives Here" are posted on all four sides of Leroy Schad's white house in this central Kansas town of only about 150 people. His vehicle has a large decal with bold yellow lettering reading "Sex Offender In This Car."

Schad, 72, was originally charged with four counts of taking indecent liberties with a 9-year-old girl and an 11-year-old boy in 2005. He was allowed to plead guilty in March 2007 to a lesser charge of aggravated indecent solicitation of a child, and the original charges were dismissed.

District Judge Ron Svaty sentenced him to five years of probation and house arrest, and ordered him to post the signs during his punishment.

Schad is appealing the sign requirement. He could have faced about three years behind bars
  2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Thats not bad idea. They'ed have to make extra room in PC though. Anyone walking around the yard with a red tatoo on their forehead would be a daily reminder,which would equate to a daily beating. These people can never be cured IMO
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Round 'em up and put them all together on an island far, far away.

//
  4. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Umm. Yeah. Interesting comments from some people who lean left. ;)

Just make sure the person is guilty. I don't mean "found guilty". I know someone personally who's in the NH State Prison right now because his daughters (in their early 20's) moved to NYC to be models. They got into drugs and stuff, so they demanded money from him. 50K each per year. He said no, get a job, so they cooked up a hell of a story. At trial, he had an answering machine tape where one of them said "okay dad, last chance, give us the money or we'll go out and ruin your life and make sure you go to jail" and stuff. The judge (who actually lives just up the road from me and is a miserable SOB) said it wasn't material and wouldn't allow the jury to hear it. At one point there were over 100 charges against him, it got whittled down to 2 each. He appealed, and the appellate court said there were definitely mistakes made by the judge and the prosecutor but that he couldn't prove it would've come out any differently and besides, Judge SOB was a very respected judge so even if he made a mistake it didn't matter (I'm serious about that part).

I've known this guy a long long time. I also know his wife and the kids. I know he'd no more do what they said than he'd have cut off his arm.

And that's one reason I hate prosecutors and judges, and one reason I think it's far to easy to manipulate the legal system, especially on a hot button issue like child abuse.

Long gone are the days of "innocent until proven guilty".
  5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

For reasons like that, I oppose the death penalty, and support efforts to rehabilitate prisoners. Our legal system isn't perfect.
  6. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Yeah. As I've said before, I'm not sure where I stand on the death penalty. Part of me agrees with you, but another part recognizes that there are indeed people who simply don't deserve to be kept alive.
  7. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I'm with you a.paul. I have a hard time being against the death penalty, but also a hard time being for it.
  8. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -1

We don't fry enough people in this country. We fry plenty of foods, but not enough people. I'd roast any fool with no chance for parole. The most egregreous of criminals would die publically. I'd even let family members of the victims pull the switch. What purpose do those people serve? Why keep them alive? Fry them baby! :D
  9. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

See, now part of me says "YEAH! LET'S DO IT!"

LOL:D
  10. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Just make sure when you're frying them you're not using Trans-Fat buddy. That would be unhealthy. :D
  11. DropKick Flutie

DropKick Flutie Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I like the "I AM A SEX OFFENDER" signs on his house and car, but I still think that castration is the only suitable punishment for these animals.
  12. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

As long as you're certain they did it. But it's views like yours that have politicized the crap out of this type of thing, and made it a very effective weapon. Mad at your father? Scream child abuse. Want to get back at your ex-husband? Go to the cops and tell them stories about abuse.

Do you know how impossible it is to defend yourself against this stuff?
  13. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

ABORTION

14. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'm sorry, I don't get what you're driving at? Who is "our"?

If you're referring to certain people who just don't deserve to live, then who's decision would it be?
  15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

How about we do some kinda pre-crime program that can identify violent criminals and perverts pre-natally (DNA or something) and abort their useless tiny arses.
  16. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Oh goody...Margaret Sanger again!

LOL:D
  17. DropKick Flutie

DropKick Flutie Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I am talking about a multiple offender with DNA evidence, not the guy who beats up his wife. With 4 priors, this guy qualifys for castration IMO.
  18. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

An innocent baby

A violent rapist kidnapping murderer

Yeah I can see were you think the baby should die:bricks:
  19. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Yeah because no decision goes in to actually getting pregnant.:rocker:
  20. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

An anecdotal story that may or may not be true, the reality is that there are a few mistakes made in the justice system.. but more often than not the decisions of the courts ring true, and the tendency is to be too lax. this is not a left right issue, it is a justice issue even though some want to hijack it again.