2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
3-4 base
Colvin.....Bruschi......Vrabel......TBC

The 3-4 ILB runstuffer role: Seau
The (4 DL) nickel/dime MLB role: Gardner

Developmental OLB rookies: Mincey, Woods

ST: Izzo, Eric Alexander, Don Davis

The injured guys are Monty Beisel, Chad Brown (who knows how bad they are hurt).

INTERESTING IDEA:
Interesting enough on nickel plays, Gardner can play MLB, Colvin and TBC can be DE, and Vrabel can play LOLB. I guess you could call that a 2-4 nickel since Colvin and TBC are really LB.

PATRIOTS-80 said:
3-4 base

The injured guys are Monty Beisel, Chad Brown (who knows how bad they are hurt).

INTERESTING IDEA:
Interesting enough on nickel plays, Gardner can play MLB, Colvin and TBC can be DE, and Vrabel can play LOLB. I guess you could call that a 2-4 nickel since Colvin and TBC are really LB.

I like that 3-4 base with Colvin and TBC as edge rushers and Vrabel and Bruschi holding up the middle. I've also always been a fan of Seau and even if he's slowed down, he should be a pretty good run stuffer on running plays.

PATRIOTS-80 said:
3-4 base

INTERESTING IDEA:
That's a full quota of LBs, BB has a challenge for his cut downs. Frankly, I'm not that enamored of the Seau signing given how well Woods and TBC have looked, not to mention Gardner.

PATRIOTS-80 said:
3-4 base

INTERESTING IDEA:

I question the common assumption that Izzo and Davis have automatic roster spots this year. On ST the Pats have several players who can be excellent ST players AND ALSO play regular position at least in a reserve capacity. I would say that Tebuckey, Mills, TBC, Gardener, (and yes) Beisel, Andrews, Wright, Sanders, Guss Scott et al, are accomplished ST players,

Plus Izzo is 33 and Davis is a few months older than that.

Wonder what the deal was with Claridge. They were pretty high on him before he got hurt, then he's quietly cut and never heard from again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes