Welcome to PatsFans.com

The way I see LB duties falling out...

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOTS-80, Aug 20, 2006.

1. PATRIOTS-80

PATRIOTS-80 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

3-4 base
    Colvin.....Bruschi......Vrabel......TBC

The 3-4 ILB runstuffer role: Seau
    The (4 DL) nickel/dime MLB role: Gardner

Developmental OLB rookies: Mincey, Woods

ST: Izzo, Eric Alexander, Don Davis

The injured guys are Monty Beisel, Chad Brown (who knows how bad they are hurt).

INTERESTING IDEA:
    Interesting enough on nickel plays, Gardner can play MLB, Colvin and TBC can be DE, and Vrabel can play LOLB. I guess you could call that a 2-4 nickel since Colvin and TBC are really LB.
  2. chowder

chowder Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I like that 3-4 base with Colvin and TBC as edge rushers and Vrabel and Bruschi holding up the middle. I've also always been a fan of Seau and even if he's slowed down, he should be a pretty good run stuffer on running plays.
  3. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

That's a full quota of LBs, BB has a challenge for his cut downs. Frankly, I'm not that enamored of the Seau signing given how well Woods and TBC have looked, not to mention Gardner.
  4. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan On the Roster

Ratings:
    +238 / 22 / -10

I question the common assumption that Izzo and Davis have automatic roster spots this year. On ST the Pats have several players who can be excellent ST players AND ALSO play regular position at least in a reserve capacity. I would say that Tebuckey, Mills, TBC, Gardener, (and yes) Beisel, Andrews, Wright, Sanders, Guss Scott et al, are accomplished ST players,

Plus Izzo is 33 and Davis is a few months older than that.
  5. Jacky Roberts

Jacky Roberts Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wonder what the deal was with Claridge. They were pretty high on him before he got hurt, then he's quietly cut and never heard from again.