Welcome to PatsFans.com

The War After The War Series

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by All_Around_Brown, Mar 19, 2007.

1. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

http://msnbc.com/modules/flash_mediateam/ps_070316_ScarsIraq_TyZiegel/

The neo-cons have played a dirty trick on america, sending a volunteer army to fight a nation that never attacked us. They tested their academic theory in Iraq and it failed. But now, they have a whole new series of reasons as to why we need to stay.

But here's the question.

Is "democratizing Iraq" worth this??

2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

answer: No.....a democratic Iraq will elect a dictator. Lets do the smart thing, make it 3 'states' that form the republic of Iraq, give them each and army and a 33% share of the oil, and GET THE FLUNK OUT OF THERE!

Enter Dick Cheney: "Whaaaah.......How can we attack Iran if our troops aren't there?......They stay....if you disagree w/ me, your are on the side of the terrorists......Wahhhhhh."

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +365 / 11 / -27

Our actions have created instability in all of the mideast, we did not gauge the impact of warring amongst the Sunni and Shia, as a consequence when we leave, if we are ever able to do so, there will be far reaching problems amongst many countries that will effect the US in many ways. The boob on 1600 Penn ave did not look at the overall consequences of what he was doing and what would happen when he did...

4. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +100 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

3 lefty cowards using a wounded hero to make a political statement, that he himself probably disagrees with. And these dirtbags call Rove underhanded and sneaky, welcome to the new left democrat coward way.

5. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +365 / 11 / -27

A voice from this "lefty coward", just read this AM that support for this war is down to 14%, that is 1 in every 7 believe that this war is a good thing for America. I am not a new left, an old left who has felt that Viet Nam was an uncalled for war and feel no different about this war. We as a nation were sold a bill of goods that did not exist, and did not think about the consequences of what would happen after we toppled Saddam.. the ME will be in turmoil, because of our actions and look forward to along time on foreign soil for a cause I am not sure was worth our human capital never mind our economic capital.

6. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +100 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

Listen believe whatever poll you want, have any flash back to the cowardly 60's you want, I really don't care. But, why do you have to drag one of our heroes into it, when he didn't asked to be? Can't you have some respect for him?

7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +365 / 11 / -27

IMO the 60's were a period of strength and unity, right now I see the opposite..

8. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Last night, as I drove through the center of town, I noticed a crowd of people had gathered. Some held signs, "bring our boys home", others held some sort of lights. It brought back some of the memories of the Vietnam protests. Different times, different protest measurses, same illogic formula for war.