PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Vinatieri Kick in SB 36 Rehash!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMike

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Tyree play my arse, how about focusing on the Adam kick in SB 36 where the PAts made their makr as a dynasty! Red Sowx pre 2004/Cub Fans are making their way into our ranks right now - so lets focus on the great plays that laid the foundation for Patriots excellence.

It’s hard to rejoice over a great moment from 7 years ago when the most ridiculously unexplainable and disappointing moment in sports history took place a mere 3 months ago.

we have three SB championships - come on now.....this isnt how the Yankmees or Celtics of the 80's fans acted....

We had the chance to become the greatest team in NFL history – setting a standard of excellence that was more than likely never to be achieved again. An immortal part of “ever” as Mr. Seau described, forever connected with our favorite team’s season of perfection. The ultimate trump card in any debate of the greatest dynasty of all-time.

Instead our record becomes a punch line at the hands of Eli Manning.

We had the chance to become the greatest team in NFL history – setting a standard of excellence that was more than likely never to be achieved again. An immortal part of “ever” as Mr. Seau described, forever connected with our favorite team’s season of perfection. The ultimate trump card in any debate of the greatest dynasty of all-time.

I intend to rejoice in the fact that the game was a fluke and the Giants will suck from here on out. I despise the Manning brothers and hope they both fail miserably in the future.

Careful now, someone might mistake you for a fair weather fan.....

Tyree play my arse, how about focusing on the Adam kick in SB 36 where the PAts made their makr as a dynasty! Red Sowx pre 2004/Cub Fans are making their way into our ranks right now - so lets focus on the great plays that laid the foundation for Patriots excellence.

Well I always rejoiced that moment, but then we had to have that somewhat taken away from us, by 2 goofs in alrlen spector and matt walsh.. Not that what those 2 boobs say matter, but it still had a effect in the drive by media.

That is why this loss is such a big deal, its not a normal loss.. Maybee it would have been if we lost 2 games during the yr, but it was the first loss of the yr, and it happend to be in feb not sept.. That is why it will always sting..

I understand your bitterness and disappointment and have felt it as well (believe me, it's harder living here in Manhattan and being constantly reminded of what happened). But, it's time to move on. We have to create a new "ever," whether by getting four rings for TB and BB or something else. New season ahead. Draft day on the horizon. Time to let go.

Just remember that Eli Manning can't ride this upset his whole career and the Pats aren't going down the tubes because of one loss.

Brady wasn't able to ride his first SB to "elite QB" status. Heck, after Week 1 in '03 there was still debate of whether we kept the right QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes