PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Vikings-Bears forecast gets even better

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBeliever

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Six inches of snow expected before Monday night's Vikings game - Shutdown Corner - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Sheesh.

On the one hand, I think they should make the Vikings forfeit the game and be done with it. That probably wouldn't sit well with fans of other NFC teams trying to make the playoffs (especially Green Bay) but come on, you're just asking for injuries here.

Besides, I heard that the Vikes turned down offers from the Colts and Falcons to play the game at their stadiums because tonight they're going to honor several retired players (like Frank Tarkenton) in honor of their 50th anniversary season. Because of that, the team insisted the game be played in Minnesota, even if it meant doing it at a different stadium.

On the other hand, one of the most famous games in league history was played on a frozen field. And offhand I don't recall any serious injuries at that one.

And Farve has been updated to questionable

And Farve has been updated to questionable
Yeah, what's up with that? What's the point of declaring that somebody is "out" on the injury report, and then suddenly change that? I didn't think teams were allowed to do that.

I keep hearing about "coldest game in NFL history"; does anybody know where that playoff game between the Pats and Titans a few years ago ranks? I would think that game has to be right up there among the NFL's coldest games ever.

Yeah, what's up with that? What's the point of declaring that somebody is "out" on the injury report, and then suddenly change that? I didn't think teams were allowed to do that.

I keep hearing about "coldest game in NFL history"; does anybody know where that playoff game between the Pats and Titans a few years ago ranks? I would think that game has to be right up there among the NFL's coldest games ever.

On the radio they are saying that is has something to do with all of that Jen Sterger(spell?) crap. I think he knows a suspension is coming on Wed which would automatically make him done in the NFL with only 2 games left.

On the radio they are saying that is has something to do with all of that Jen Sterger(spell?) crap. I think he knows a suspension is coming on Wed which would automatically make him done in the NFL with only 2 games left.
Huh, is that right?

I've been figuring the NFL sees no point in creating negative press about their brand if not necessary, and since he's not coming back next year - who would want him at his salary demand of $12m/year - they've just been procrastinating until the season was over. I also figured with his injury he wasn't going to be playing anyways so they thought why bother suspending him - but with him playing tonight that theory goes out the window.

So basically we'll have one more week of the media talking about Favre, rather than talking about the playoff races and other better stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes