PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Viking in the stand??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that there will be a Pats logo on his arm soon enough.

That was so random but pretty entertaining. Randy's jump was a little short and the guy singlehandedly pulled him up into the stands.

The real question for me now is: what did Randy say to Syd about why he was no longer with the Vikings? I'm not about to buy a Vikings book to find out but I'd definitely like to know.

The reasons why Moss is no longer with the Vikings?

1) The popular media and public take was that Moss was a malcontent for his last year in Minnesota (ie walking to the locker room in the final seconds of the Redskins game) and the team wanted to get rid of him.

2) Red McCombs (the previous owner of the Vikings) wanted to trade Moss because he could get value for him from the Raiders (1st round pick (7th overall) + 7th round pick, and Napolean Harris)...also he wanted to shed some money costs because he was selling the team.

3) But the biggest reason...one that alot of people dont know? Three words...Daunte Culpepper's ego. Culpepper was in Mike Tice's ears (the head coach at the time) to get rid of Moss because the QB wanted to be his own man. Management relented because Culpepper was the future of the franchise.

Last edited:
I remember at the time losing quite a bit of respect for Daunte for him pushing Randy out of the team. Its quite sad that Daunte didn't see that he could easily share the spotlight of the team with others who quite frankly are far more talented than his gunslinging arm throwing self is. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed Daunte for how good he was at throwing the ball down the field. I would never put him in the list of top 10 QBs of all time... or anywhere near it for that matter.

On that note.... yeah, I didn't think that was Syd until it was mentioned in this thread. I swear I walked past him at the last Vikes game I was at which was Carolina (while getting sick seeing the Chokepins "schooling" our beloved Pats). If that was him..... damn, he's freakin big.

To let you know how much of a lunatic this guy is. He is Canadian (from Winnipeg). A locomotive operator for one of the National train lines in Canada. Has been a Viking season ticket holder for ever and makes the 6 hour drive from Winnipeg to Minneapolis to attend these games. That is dedication.

yeah, so don't fu%$ with Canucks punks..

:)

I would definately drive 6 hours to get out Winnipeg on a Sunday afternoon too...

This is the biggest blow out the Patriots have had all year. Kraft should send him free tickets for the rest of the season.

Let him hug Moss every week after TDs.

So, I'd love to know a Patriot (With Moss) vs. Vikings game - Who is Syd pulling for to win the game?

So, I'd love to know a Patriot (With Moss) vs. Vikings game - Who is Syd pulling for to win the game?

In that instance we would have to declare a tie and Syd would have to cheer for the Bluebombers, whatever in the he11 that means...

...tumbleweeds...

Seeing that Viking fan pulling up Moss was hilarious. Everyone at the bar was loling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes