PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The View From One Philly Sportswriter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsfanin Philly

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score

Doesn't give the Eagles much of a chance....

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/132-11202007-1443922.html

>>>>Their quarterback is on pace to break NFL records for completion percentage, passer rating and touchdown passes. Their receiver is on pace to break the NFL record for touchdowns in a season. They've scored touchdowns on half their drives.
Since opening day 2003, they've won 60 games. And lost 14.
They're six wins from history.
At home.
On national TV.
That's what the Eagles are up against.
The Eagles struggled to beat a winless team at home last Sunday. What's going to happen this Sunday when they face the greatest team ever assembled?
Just remember this: The most points the Eagles ever allowed is 62, against the Giants in 1972. They allowed 56 in Dallas in 1966 and against the Giants in 1933.
Just saying.
When you face the Patriots, those kind of numbers aren't just possible, they're likely.
On any given Sunday? Not this one.<<<<<<<<<<<<

From www.footballoutsiders.com drive stats, prior to Sunday's game, The Patriots have scored on 46% (41/89) of their drives.

After going 7 for 7 on Sunday, they have now scored TDs on 48 of 96, or exactly half.

It feels like more than that, I wonder how many are kneel downs, end-of-half, Cassel, etc.--Brady's percentage when he's trying could be more like 60-70%.

From www.footballoutsiders.com drive stats, prior to Sunday's game, The Patriots have scored on 46% (41/89) of their drives.

After going 7 for 7 on Sunday, they have now scored TDs on 48 of 96, or exactly half.

The scariest thing is, that's probably better than a lot of teams' RED ZONE TD percentage! In other words, the patriots have a better chance scoring a TD from their own 20 than other teams do from the opposing 20.

Last edited:
They are actually 9 for 9 if you count the last 2 drives at Indy, and this is against paid proffesional defenses.

That's absolutely insane.

Yes, it's very disappointing to find out that they've failed to score touchdowns on half their drives. Hopefully Brady will stop slacking off and they can remedy this problem.:snob:

Last edited:
Yes, it's very disappointing to find out that they've failed to score touchdowns on half their drives. Hopefully Brady will stop slacking off and they can remedy this problem.:snob:

That's why they need to keep trying.

I know. A fifty percent success rate is also a fifty percent failure rate. I hope they can improve. ;)

I know. A fifty percent success rate is also a fifty percent failure rate. I hope they can improve. ;)

Not to mention the fact that the defense needs to step up and score more TDs as well.

Didn't they punt once????

Yes they did punt once, but it was after the 7 for 7. Last drive of the game for the Pats, 4th and an ince and Hansen punts it through the endzone.

That counts the times they play with backups or aren't trying at the end.

I bet that in the first half we score TD's on over 70% of our drives.

I asked this question this summer. Going into the season, if you could choose between the two, which would you prefer....

Best Offense of All-Time
Best Defense of All-Time

A vast majority of Pats fans selected defense.

I asked this question this summer. Going into the season, if you could choose between the two, which would you prefer....

Best Offense of All-Time
Best Defense of All-Time

A vast majority of Pats fans selected defense.

im pretty sure we have the offense, but i KNOW our D isnt far from that 85 bears crew either

The Eagles best chance of being competitive is to let the Pats just run the ball. Rush three lineman only and play 8 defensive backs. Let the pats run the ball as much as they want. This way, instead of loosing 56-0, they may only loose 28-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes