PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The value of our Seattle draft pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
SeanBruschi54 said:
Hope you dont take that personally.
Not at all, I can be kind of a bitter assshole and anything bad that happens to The Twig and his team is good with me - if it helps our compensation, all the better :rocker:

This is pure speculation, but if Hasselbeck is out for a long time, wouldn't that make Seattle more patient in bringing back Alexander, perhaps letting him recoup longer? Especially if they stop feeling like they could go far in the playoffs. Then it sort of spirals in our (draft pick's) favor.

P.S. Hutchinson is one of the five best players in the NFL.

Last edited:
BelichickFan said:
Not at all, I can be kind of a bitter assshole and anything bad that happens to The Twig and his team is good with me - if it helps our compensation, all the better :rocker:

I'm with that, too.

BoTown said:
I'm with that, too.

Yeah. Count me in. I wish Hasselback all the best. But, IR wouldn't suck TOO bad.

Unfortunatley, for us, even if Hasselbeck and Alexander don't play again (which is highly unlikely), I still can't see Seattle going any worse than 9-7.
They are 4-2 now...

They still have home games against:

San Francisco (home and away), Oakland, Arizona, and Green Bay.

They have three very losable games on thier schedule:

Next week at KC, at Denver and home vs San Diego (week 16, Post Merriman suspension).

Best case for us, is that somehow St. Louis eeks out a 10-6 season and they miss the playoffs at 9-7, leaving us with most likely with the covereted 21 pick in the draft!

I hope that Hasselbeck is just fine and his team goes 6-10 for the year. :) Not sure how likely either of those are though hehe.

Hey guys don't knock pick #21. We stole Maroney AND Big Vince Wilfork with that pick!

Last edited:
The pick was the first thing on my mind when Hasselback went down. I was head to head against a guy in fantasy who had him starting and was wondering why he hadnt done anything for a bit. Then i found it throw the wire. Seneca Wallace isnt too ba. He came off the bench cold and had a bunch of turnovers but I think he'll be serviceable if its a serious injury. As much as I root for Tim over in Seattle him missing the rest of the year wouldnt upset me.

FreeTedWilliams said:
Unfortunatley, for us, even if Hasselbeck and Alexander don't play again (which is highly unlikely), I still can't see Seattle going any worse than 9-7.

Best case for us, is that somehow St. Louis eeks out a 10-6 season and they miss the playoffs at 9-7, leaving us with most likely with the covereted 21 pick in the draft!
Right, they aren't suddenly going to have the 8th pick in the draft. But 19-23 is a lot more attractive than 28-32.

BelichickFan said:
Right, they aren't suddenly going to have the 8th pick in the draft. But 19-23 is a lot more attractive than 28-32.

I wouldn't underestimate the crappyness of Seneca Wallace. :)

shakadave said:
Dang it that Seattle hit that 50+ field goal to win last week! If not for that, they would have been 3-3 after today's loss to Minnesota. Instead, we'll only get the 28th pick from them next spring. It could have been 23 if that field goal missed. Oh well, 28th is still better than our own pick! ;)

I posted this on another thread:

Here's a look at Seattle's Schedule. Next week in KC could a challenge with Seneca Wallace at the helm.

at Detroit W 9-6
Arizona W 21-10
New York Giants W 42-30
at Chicago L 37-6
at St. Louis W 30-28
Minnesota L 31-13
at Kansas City
Oakland
St Louis
at San Francisco
Green Bay
at Denver
at Arizona
San Francisco
San Diego
at Tampa Bay

The schedule is not too imposing. At KC next week should be a loss with Seneca at QB. I think they may stand a chance in the games against Oakland, Green Bay and San Fran, in the next few weeks even if Hasselbeck is out.

Given that Seattle has gone 4 straight weeks of allowing 28 points or more, there's a chance Seattle might lose more than I thought. Below is an optimistic look at how Seattle might go if we're lucky....

kurtinelson said:
at Detroit W 9-6
Arizona W 21-10
New York Giants W 42-30
at Chicago L 37-6
at St. Louis W 30-28
Minnesota L 31-13
at Kansas City L
Oakland W
St Louis L (with Hasselbeck and Alexander still out)
at San Francisco W
Green Bay W
at Denver L
at Arizona L (assuming they have to lose one of their "easier" matchups sometime)
San Francisco W
San Diego L
at Tampa Bay W
Final Record: 9-7
Pats Draft #: 19 (I SAID it was optimistic!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey