PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The value of our Seattle draft pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

shakadave

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Dang it that Seattle hit that 50+ field goal to win last week! If not for that, they would have been 3-3 after today's loss to Minnesota. Instead, we'll only get the 28th pick from them next spring. It could have been 23 if that field goal missed. Oh well, 28th is still better than our own pick! ;)

Anyone hear how bad Hasselbacks knee is?

They are only saying right now that its a sprained knee....We will have to wait for the MRI results because if it turns out to be a ligament tear, our draft pick might look a little different

Still a long season and Seattle doesn't seem to be getting any better. They are starting to pile up injuries and their offensive line doesn't look as good as a year ago. No doubt they are missing Hutchinson and the Vikings are thanking their lucky stars they broke the bank for this guy.

I don't know about everyone else but if this team can't get their running game going and their QB back on the field it could be a long season for them.
I think 10-6, 9-7 isn't out of the realm of possibility.

I hope Hasselback is ok. Never wish injury for another player, bad Karma and just not very humane like. {Especially on a BC alumnist.}

Patriot Missile said:
I hope Hasselback is ok. Never wish injury for another player, bad Karma and just not very humane like. {Especially on a BC alumnist.}

I agree. Always liked him at BC. Plus, he's got a smokin' hottie for a wife!

shirtsleeve said:
I agree. Always liked him at BC. Plus, he's got a smokin' hottie for a wife!

His brother is married to the hottie from Survivor. Right???

I like Hasselback, and I don't wish anything bad on him.

However, if he was to convieniently miss a few games and give us a better draft pick, it won't be the end of the world! ;)

Hopefully, he'll be back to 100% soon after the Hawks tank out for the year. :D

Don't want to see anyone hurt, but the possibility is that he is gone for the year. The hit loked vicious. if that is the case the pick could be in the teens. I thought it would be in the high 20's.

patsfan13 said:
Don't want to see anyone hurt, but the possibility is that he is gone for the year. The hit loked vicious. if that is the case the pick could be in the teens. I thought it would be in the high 20's.

I did not see the hit, and was hoping it was only in the 'day to day' category. That's too bad if it is worse, cause he is one of the good guys in this league, and he played GREAT in the superbowl, IMO. His team let him down that day.

hallfamebrady said:
His brother is married to the hottie from Survivor. Right???

Nope. Thats him, far as I know. Elizabeth I think her name is. She's on the View now.

shirtsleeve said:
Nope. Thats him, far as I know. Elizabeth I think her name is. She's on the View now.

Elizabeth is married to Matt's younger brother, Tim.

Harrison37 said:
Elizabeth is married to Matt's younger brother, Tim.

Thanks for the clarification. Gotta get my hot wives straight. So I know who's gonna be chasing me through the streets at night when he gets home early from a road game!:cool:

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
I did not see the hit, and was hoping it was only in the 'day to day' category. That's too bad if it is worse, cause he is one of the good guys in this league, and he played GREAT in the superbowl, IMO. His team let him down that day.

The hit reminded me of the hit on C Palmer last year. The Seahark lineman sorta threw the DLam onto the side of his knee the guys wieght hit the side of the knee, nasty looking.

patsfan13 said:

If he's done, I'm thinking top ten. I can't see Seneca Wallace winning too many games for them.

shirtsleeve said:
The View! Oh, the tragedy of a hot babe who needs an audience for her verbal brawls. Just heartbreaking.

I don't give a crap about Hasselbeck, we have their #1 pick and the value almost certainly goes up if Hasselbeck goes down. You know what I'm rooting for.

I really like hasselbeck as a player and have great pride knowing he comes from Boston and has become such a success. It couldnt have happened to a nicer guy. I wish him a fast and speedy recovery and hope hes able to play asap. I dont want our draft pick to be low because of someone elses serious injury. That is wrong to be happy about in my mind.

BelichickFan said:
I don't give a crap about Hasselbeck, we have their #1 pick and the value almost certainly goes up if Hasselbeck goes down. You know what I'm rooting for.
Sadly BF i gotta disagree with you their. I'm not for one about wishing worst for a player just for our benefit. I hope he gets well. Hope you dont take that personally.

SeanBruschi54 said:
I dont want our draft pick to be low because of someone elses serious injury.
That's the chance they take by trading it. I wouldn't, of course, want a life changing injury like paralysis for any player but a badly sprained ligament vs. a tweak - I'm all for that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes