Welcome to PatsFans.com

The US cannot find (stolen??) 6.6 Billion dollars of Iraqi Money..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Jun 13, 2011.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

This is an old story, that cannot be ended as they cannot figure out what happened to $6.6 Billlions of dollars in Iraq.. was it stolen?? As time goes on that explanation seems more viable..

The money came from the Iraq Development Fund, which was amassed during the years when Hussein's regime was under crippling economic and trade sanctions. The Iraqi's want it back because it came from Iraqi oil sales, seized Iraqi assets and surplus funds from the United Nations' oil-for-food program, so now we may have to pay double.

Someday this will make an interesting movie, some folks made a lot of money.

Iraq: Missing Iraq money may have been stolen, auditors say - latimes.com

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  2. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

i wonder what kind of cool artwork and gold fillings the US army got during the invasion, too
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +520 / 6 / -2

Well if the money came from some UN fund or whatever, who cares. I wouldn't ever pay it back if it's indeed gone. We've spent enough on the world already in our lifetimes.

As for what happened to the money, my guess is that it was "stolen" by black ops or the CIA to use secretly in TWAT. I bet a plane load or two were diverted to a secret base somewhere. A few billion without political strings attached is something that was probably part of the plan to begin with. If not, then I'm sure the "bricks" of $100 bills would be traceable. If someone legitimately stole $6 billion like that, in C-notes, we'd eventually know where those bills turned up. I'm sure the bills were marked in some way.
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

But they want the 6.6 Billion dollars, and expect us to replace it.
  5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +520 / 6 / -2

Oh I saw that. I'd just tell them too bad. We've spent enough coin there. If they somehow force us to pay it, I'd remove every cent of aid they get. Forever. I'd tell them that too. **** them.
  6. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +236 / 8 / -13

Agree with both of your posts here.
  7. TheSolderKing

TheSolderKing Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I took it... take me away but I am in a non-extradition treaty country sipping margarittas and snorting coke:eek::singing:
  8. TheSolderKing

TheSolderKing Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

wasn't their a movie like Three Kings or something about hidden treasure/money in Ira2q during the Gulf War.