Welcome to PatsFans.com

The UnPatriotic Act Is Up For Renewal Next Week

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by shirtsleeve, Feb 3, 2011.

1. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yet, no one in government is willing to stamp this thing down. Its been found unconstitutional by 5 different judges, yet the government continues this travesty against the 4th ammendment. This amounts to a continuation of the Police State.

This was one area that I thought Obama would have stepped up and did the right thing. I was wrong. Police State meets Nanny State in a perfect Progressive Utopia.

Write your representatives and urge them to end this outrage.
  2. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +292 / 0 / -1

#54 Jersey

My congressman in Virginia is dead set against this, but my congressman in Connecticut is going to rubber stamp it. :rolleyes:

While I think Obama was a stronger candidate to get rid of it than any other, the basic fact is that once the people surrender power over to the government, and especially its security services, getting it back is damned near impossible. Get used to this, unfortunately.
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

It's not going anywhere cuz the establishment leadership in both parties want it so.
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

As does the military industrial complex and the security industrial complex, aka big business are the real the driving force on this issue and many others.

Did you ever think how ironical it is that many of these companies exist solely on government contracts, and use this taxpayer money on lobbying.. seems a whole lot disengenuous and probably fraudulent, but unfortunately those inside the beltway never really ask these hard questions.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  5. Nikolai

Ratings:
    +292 / 0 / -1

#54 Jersey

Because just about everyone inside the beltway either works for one of these contractors, or aspires to after gaining some experience on the federal level.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

So it is ok for your tax dollar to go for lobbying efforts:confused::confused::confused:
  7. Nikolai

Ratings:
    +292 / 0 / -1

#54 Jersey

Contractors are in place because they lobby for that privilege. There's just as much back-scratching as there is backstabbing in DC. I'm sure you are aware, on some level, of what I'm describing.
  8. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

You did not answer the question??

Many of these firms are funded solely by the US Government, and with their funds they hire lobbyists. Are you ok with tax funds to pay for lobbyists to influence congress???
  9. Nikolai

Ratings:
    +292 / 0 / -1

#54 Jersey

I'm not sure where I said that. :confused2:

I'm just telling you that it doesn't bother too many people in Washington, and that you shouldn't hold your breath waiting for this to change.