PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The "UnOfficial" Pats @ Vikings Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching the ball is part of a WR job. He was 0 for 6 targets last week, no targets this week. The passing game to WRs has been weighted heavily towards Edelman. Brady and others have acknowledged that the more they spread it out, the harder they will be to defend. Otherwise defenses only have to take Edelman out and the passing game is no longer a threat. I'm sure they want to get the ball to Amendola, LaFell, Dobson et al. and hopefully they will.

He had no targets because every play he was on the field as a running play! Duh.

He had no targets because every play he was on the field as a running play! Duh.
You are arguing against a point I did not make. I am concerned that WRs not named Edelman will need to become more active in the passing game.
“We just have to find ways to get everybody the ball and spread it around to different guys,” Brady said when asked about not getting the ball to wide receiver Danny Amendola. “We spread it around a bit yesterday, but [Amendola] did not get the ball as much as I would like to get it to him.

Brandon LaFell -- the same thing. Aaron Dobson had one catch to start the game and didn’t get a lot of other looks after that. We have to get the ball to everybody and spread it around to everybody. Those guys are all good with the ball in their hands, so we have to find ways to do a better job of finding everybody, and that’s what makes an offense tough to defend is when you spread it around to everybody.”

But if you want to focus on LaFell, he was targeted 6 times last week and on the field for at least a couple of other passes.

And you were really wrong about the pass rush being horrible if they ran a 3-4.
No. I was discussing a 34 with 3 300 dl and nink and jones both at OLB.
That's not what we did. And btw our pressure came mostly from nickel.

Not worth its own thread and I don't use TwitFace, but Mike Reiss runs a regular roundup of former Patriots and invites suggestions for names to add. I noticed that Rich Ohrnberger was the starting center for the Chargers against the Seahawks. He seemed to me to hold up OK, although there was one bad penalty against him. Anyone want to draw that to MR's attention?

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye