PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Unknown X Factor

Status
Not open for further replies.

CISGS

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Who do you guys think could come out of no where and change the game?

I am saying Tim Wright. Not one person has even mentioned him (probably rightfully so) but I have a feeling that we go 2 TE and he makes some plays.

With Kam on Gronk (which is much more of a mismatch in favor of Gronk than the media says), I think that Wright becomes very, very dangerous.

Would love to see Wright have a breakout game.
According to Dikembe maybe it's BRIAN TIMES!

It won't be an "unknown", but the Seahawks don't particularly cover RB's very well in the passing game. Your X factor is Shane Vereen.
I think you're right. It's Vereen.

Tim Wright is my pick too and Jonas Gray!

Develin and/or Hooman will have a significant role.

Danny Amenbrola

Tim Wright or James White (lol)

If they are going 2tes, it's more likely to be implemented to help the oline block the seatttle pass rush. I don't see Wright playing that role. I would lean more towards vereen than Wright.

If they are going 2tes, it's more likely to be implemented to help the oline block the seatttle pass rush. I don't see Wright playing that role. I would lean more towards vereen than Wright.
If Seattle's pass rush is anything like it was against Green Bay, I expect NE to spread them out.

tim wright....nobody talks about him. i like his chances against some of their lb's.

Matthew Slater with a forced fumble or fumble recovery on ST

The X factor is the O Line - which will include an extra TE to help protect Brady

To date the O Line has not played against a D this quick and good and they will have their work cut out for them

If they give Brady the protection he needs, they will win

If they don't - and you know Carroll has studied plenty of film of all the games where Brady is rushed and harassed and will work to exploit any weaknesses in a similar way - then it's a tighter game to say the very least

I'm confident our D can keep things close - even with Lynch in the backfield, as he's a monster

But as with so many games, this game begins and ends with the O Line

Tom Brady rushing up the A-Gaps for TDs! :D

The X factor is the O Line - which will include an extra TE to help protect Brady

To date the O Line has not played against a D this quick and good and they will have their work cut out for them

If they give Brady the protection he needs, they will win

If they don't - and you know Carroll has studied plenty of film of all the games where Brady is rushed and harassed and will work to exploit any weaknesses in a similar way - then it's a tighter game to say the very least

I'm confident our D can keep things close - even with Lynch in the backfield, as he's a monster

But as with so many games, this game begins and ends with the O Line
I agree and I'll go one step further and name one. Cam Fleming. It's interesting how the biggest 2 games he had were against the Colts. He made Grays day possible, then was essentially injured until Poof!, back again to make Blount's day possible.

So far he's my co-ROY on this club along with Stork. We got a winner with that pick.

I would like us to go with 6 OL first to pound the rock and get the Seattle DL moving backwards a little and then slowly shifting to spread once they've got the threat of the run established. If Seattle starts beating us up front early it'll be tough to settle things again.

I would like us to go with 6 OL first to pound the rock and get the Seattle DL moving backwards a little and then slowly shifting to spread once they've got the threat of the run established. If Seattle starts beating us up front early it'll be tough to settle things again.

Oh man, I didn't even get to reading your post yet but that signature is fabulous.

Hey guys, I think the unlikely hero will be Malcolm Butler.

IDK, just a gut feeling. We'll see if I'm right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes