PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Uncle Heatster Mini-Mock, 4/28

Status
Not open for further replies.

dryheat44

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Well, I started to do a full one-round mock draft, but my brain is fried and I don't have the will. What I did do is a mental-mock draft using my horizontal sort and guessing which players might actually be available at the draft slot. Here's what I'm seeing:

Pick 1 (12-15): I see the Patriots trading 17 and 28 for a modest trade up and getting a second round pick in return. This pick is Cameron Jordan DE California

Pick 2 (35-38): If all those QBs have gone in the first, this pick might not be traded. If it is, it will be down a few slots. Either way, the pick is Danny Watkins G Baylor

Pick 3 (40-50): I see an O-lineman falling. The Pats will package a later pick to move up and grab Gabe Carimi OL Wisconsin

Pick 4 (65-70): After a slight trade down, the choice is Edmond Gates WR Abilene Christian

Pick 5 (74): Blah, blah, blah, Shane Vereen RB California

Pick 6 (92): Rashad Carmichael CB Virginia Tech

Pick 7 (99-120): Greg Romeus OLB Pittsburgh

Pick 8 (125): David Carter DE UCLA

Pick 9 (145-155): Using a previously acquired pick, back up to get Greg McElroy QB Alabama

Pick 10 (193): Gabe Miller OLB Oregon

I'd be out dancing in the street if the Patriots choose this course.

Pick 1 (12-15): I see the Patriots trading 17 and 28 for a modest trade up and getting a second round pick in return. This pick is Cameron Jordan DE California

Regardless of what the draft value chart says the most it would cost the Pats to go from 17 to 12 is 17+74 and it wouldn't shock me if it was 92 or even with 4th round pick coupled with another lower round pick. A team like the Vikings might be inclined to trade down for value and then reach for a QB at 17 vs 12.

I like the picks.

I'd be psyched with Jordan, Watkins, Carimi & Vereen. I don't see Carimi sliding that far however.

Thank you for all of the hard work u h.....love this draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back